Despite the delta variant in action, things have started rolling out, and the biggest proof of that is the anticipated summer Tokyo Olympics that was supposed to take place back in 2020, but months before the opening ceremony, the world events hit a full stop, until now.
And this year it’s going to be even more exciting because we had literally been waiting to watch Tokyo Olympics 2021 in Canada. And trust me, it is not a hard one to crack since we all know that the event can’t be attended in person, which means that we would have to do our research and explore all that we can to find out the best streaming services that are streaming all the matches live on their platform, and that too for free.
But before we head over to that, let’s tune into a brief detail regarding the event, and if you are a new sports enthusiast, then you may like this one.
What is Tokyo Olympics?
Summer Tokyo Olympics, also known as the Games of the XXXII Olympiad is a multi-regional sports event that takes place every 4 years in the Summer and Winter Olympics.
This year the events are held in Tokyo, Japan. And Japan is hosting the event for the 4th time as it hosted previously in Tokyo 1964 (Summer), Sapporo 1972 (Winter), and Nagano 1998 (Winter).
When Does the Tournament Begin?
The new dates for the tournament have been scheduled for July 23rd, 2021 at 7 am that’s when the official Opening Ceremony begins for the event. The ceremony will take place in The Japan National Stadium.
How to Watch Tokyo Olympics 2021 in Canada for Free [Easy Steps]
Follow the listed method to live stream Tokyo Olympics in Canada for free:
- Buy ExpressVPN subscription.
- Install the application on your device.
- Connect to a US, UK or Indian server for the respective service.
- Visit Peacock TV, BBC iPlayer or SonyLIV and sign up.
- Now enjoy the free Tokyo Olympics 2021 live stream in Canada!
Where Can I Watch Tokyo Olympics 2021 in Canada for Free?
Now let’s get to business, how and where can we watch the esteemed Summer Olympics in 2021? It’s easy, well now that we have done all the research and testing and everything linked, it’s easy for you to just scroll down and look at all the options we have listed down for you.
And the best part? THEY ARE ALL FREE! Yup, you won’t have to spend a penny on watching your favourite sports in Canada(well, you do but it will be worth it promise!) All our recommended services require a premium VPN connection that will allow it to unblock the services. And ExpressVPN is our top recommendation.
Not only is ExpressVPN the best, but it also offers 3000+ servers in over 90+ countries including the USA, UK, Australia, Europe and more. It would provide you with the ultimate streaming experience with unlimited bandwidth and zero lags.
Moreover, you can connect up to 5 simultaneous connections with ExpressVPN and it all comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee, no questions asked.
Now the main deal begins, the following listed names are all free streaming services that will let you watch Tokyo Olympics 2021 in Canada.
BBC iPlayer is a British streaming service branched out from the BBC industry. It is available in the UK only, which means that you would require to connect to a UK server from the list and sign up for free which will allow you to live stream all the Tokyo Olympics 2021 matches in Canada.
Recommended Servers: London, Manchester, Docklands
SonyLIV is an Indian streaming service that will allow you to watch all the matches live on their platform. Since it is an Indian streaming service, you must connect to an Indian server to unblock the service in Canada.
Recommended servers: Mumbai, Chennai
A US-based service linked to the infamous NBC Universal. Peacock TV is a free streaming platform that has a ton of content that you can watch, including the Summer Tokyo Olympics 2021 in Canada. All you need to do is connect to a US-based server, and sign up for Peacock TV for free to enjoy all the matches in Canada.
Recommended servers: Chicago, Dallas, Seattle
What is the Time difference between Tokyo and Canada?
Since Japan is 13 hours ahead of Canada, it means that most of the matches will be live-streamed in the early morning hours for Canadians to stream.
Tokyo Olympics 2021 Complete Schedule
- Olympics Opening Ceremony – July 23
- August 8 (Closing)
- 3×3 Basketball – July 24-28
- Archery – July 23-31
- Artistic Gymnastics – July 24 – August 3
- Artistic Swimming – August 2-7
- Athletics – July 30 – August 8
- Badminton – July 24 – August 2
- Baseball/Softball – July 21 – August 7
- Basketball – July 25 – August 8
- Beach Volleyball – July 24 – August 7
- Boxing – July 24 – August 8
- Canoe Slalom – July 25-30
- Canoe Sprint – August 2-7
- BMX Freestyle Cycling – July 31 – August 1
- BMX Racing Cycling – July 29-30
- Mountain Bike Cycling – July 26-27
- Road Cycling – July 24-28
- Track Cycling – August 2-8
- Diving – July 25 – August 7
- Equestrian – July 24 – August 7
- Fencing – July 24 – August 1
- Football – July 21 – August 7
- Golf – July 29 – August 7
- Handball – July 24 – August 8
- Hockey – July 24 – August 6
- Judo – July 24-31
- Karate – August 5-7
- Marathon Swimming – August 4-5
- Modern Pentathlon – August 5-7
- Rhythm Gymnastics – August 6-8
- Rowing – July 23-30
- Rugby Sevens – July 26-31
- Sailing – July 25 – August 4
- Shooting – July 24 – August 2
- Skateboarding – July 25-26, August 4-5
- Sport Climbing – August 3-6
- Surfing – July 25 – August 1
- Swimming – July 24 – August 1
- Table Tennis – July 24 – August 6
- Taekwondo – July 24-27
- Tennis – July 24 – August 1
- Trampoline Gymnastics – July 30-31
- Triathlon – July 26-31
- Volleyball – July 24 – August 8
- Water Polo – July 24 – August 8
- Weightlifting – July 24 – August 4
- Wrestling – August 1-7
- Olympics Closing Ceremony – August 8
What new Sports are we going to see this year?
This year, 8 sports were nearly removed from the list, and a total of 5 sports were added which were baseball/softball, karate, sport climbing, surfing, and skateboarding. Due to this the total number of sports now ranks at 33.
Can I Watch Tokyo Olympics 2020 Live Stream Online for Free in Canada without a VPN?
Sadly, none of the Candian online streaming services is offering free live broadcasts of Tokyo Olympics 2021 games. Though you can watch Tokyo Olympics 2021 live stream on Canadian streaming services like TSN direct, Sportsnet, and CBC but all of them are paid.
Also, you can watch some of the Tokyo Olympics games live on the CBC.ca website or through the CBC Olympics app for free in Canada without a VPN but not the whole event.
This means there is no way to watch all Tokyo Olympics games free live streaming in Canada without a VPN.
What are you waiting for now? Quickly subscribe to ExpressVPN and get all the latest matches on your devices where you can live stream and watch Tokyo Olympics in Canada for free on BBC iPlayer, SonyLIV and Peacock TV.