Can’t seem to watch CW TV in Canada? CW TV is one of the oldest VOD (Video on Demand) service that offers top of the line content for free, including Supernatural, The Flash, In the Dark and much more. However, this free VOD service is only accessible in the USA because of content licensing restrictions. But don’t worry because in this guide, I will provide you all the instructions that will allow you to access CW TV in Canada.
CW TV has become popular among streamers outside the USA because of its free content. And this streaming service offers not just any free content but one of the most popular TV series that you rarely get free in other countries, including Canada. But when you try to watch the CW in Canada or elsewhere except USA, this geo-location error will appear on your screen: “Due to licensing restrictions this content is only available in the U.S.”
However, you can get rid off this error and access all your favorite content on the CW TV in Canada. Want to know how? Then follow these steps and start watching CW TV in Canada.
How to Watch The CW TV in Canada
All you need is a Virtual Private Network (VPN) to bypass CW geo-location error and access your favorite content in Canada.
Here’s how to watch the CW TV in Canada:
- Sign up for a VPN that can beat CW geo-location error. We highly recommend going for ExpressVPN as it has 1000+ US servers.
- Download and install the VPN app and sign in on your laptop, smartphone or tablet.
- Connect to the USA server from the list.
- Now open the CW website or application and start watching in Canada.
Though it is very easy to unblock the CW in Canada with a VPN. However, after extensive testing, I found that not every VPN can provide you access to CW outside the USA. But don’t panic because I already shortlisted the best VPN services that reliably unblocks the CW in Canada. But first, let me explain to you how VPN allows you to watch the CW in Canada
Best VPNs to Unblock the CW TV in Canada
1. ExpressVPN (Top Recommendation)
When it comes to streaming US-based geo-lock streaming services like the CW in Canada, NordVPN must be your choice. Among all the tested VPNs, I found ExpressVPN’s performance top of the line as it able to unblock CW content in HD without any buffering issues.
This streaming VPN provides over 1000 fastest US servers that allow you to access the CW as well as other famous VOD services such as American Netflix, Hulu, Sling TV, YouTube TV, HBO Max, ABC, in Canada.
And if you are travelling abroad for vacations, you can also access Canadian VOD services such as DAZN, Crave TV, Disney+, and others from abroad with ExpressVPN.
It provides applications for all the major platforms, including Windows, Mac, Android, iOS and, streaming sticks (Firestick). And if you want to stream the CW on big screen like smart TV, Roku, Apple TV, Xbox or on your PS4 in Canada, you can do it by setting up NordVPN smart DNS or configured it on your home router.
NordVPN offers over 1900+ US servers that work really well to stream geo-block VOD services in Canada. I found this provider quickest in unblocking CW in Canada. It also unblocks all the best streaming services that are unavailable in Canada, including BBC iPlayer, HBO Max, Sling TV, SonyLiv, Channel 4, Peacock TV and tons of other services.
If you are on a limited budget and still want to access CW in Canada, Surfshark could be the best choice for you. This budget-friendly VPN offers over 1500 US servers to unblock all the popular geo-blocked VOD services in Canada.
However, during unblocking the CW in Canada, I found that not all of its servers were able to bypass CW geo-licensing error. But those servers who were working with the CW allows me to stream in HD without any video quality issues.
The most notable thing about this provider is that it offers unlimited simultaneous connection in such low pricing.
Even though PrivateVPN has a very small number of servers, its unblocking efficiency of geo-blocking VOD services is noteworthy. And yes with other popular VOD services like Netflix USA, Hulu Canada, HBO Max, Channel 4, Peacock TV, Sling TV, YouTube TV, BBC iPlayer, Amazon Prime, it can also unblock CW in Canada.
The most noteworthy feature about this provider is it offers preconfigured applications for streaming. Instead of choosing the server, all you need to do is select the VOD service you want to unblock and you will get the list of all the suitable servers list.
How a VPN Allows You to Unblock CW in Canada?
Well is a bit complicated to understand if you are not a tech junkie. But we try our best here to make it simple for you. The internet service you are using has your local IP address that is associated with your country code.
And because of content licensing rights, The CW uses an IP detection system to limit the access of those users who try to access the service outside the USA.
So when you try to stream the CW from Canada, it triggers the IP detection system and based on your Canadian IP address it immediately bans you.
But here comes the magic tool – a VPN! Virtual Private Network (VPN) can change your local IP address and change with the US IP address or country of your choice.
So when you connect to the US server through a VPN, it masks your Canadian IP address and changes with the US IP address. And in this way, you can trick the CW that you are living in the USA while actually in Canada and get access of your all the content from there.
Where Can I Watch the CW?
You can stream the CW content via its official website or apps available on the following devices:
- Windows (download app or stream directly on website)
- Mac (available via browser)
- iPhone and iPad
- Android smartphones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick, Fire TV, and Fire Tablets
- Vizio Smart TV
- Xbox One
- Air Play
If you are in the USA, you can directly download the CW app or head to its official website to watch your favorite content. But in case you want to access The CW outside the USA such as Canada, you need to first set up a VPN to download and watch on one of these devices. Here is how you can get the CW in Canada on one of these devices.
How to Get The CW in Canada on Windows?
Follow these steps to watch the CW in Canada on your Windows desktop or laptop:
- Subscribe and download a reliable VPN. ExpressVPN is our #1 choice.
- Now open the VPN app and sign in.
- Connect to the US server from the list.
- Head to the CW website or download its official Windows app and start streaming!
How to Get the CW in Canada on Mac?
The CW TV does not offer an app for Mac users. However, you can still watch all your favorite CW content on Mac through its official website. Here is how you can get and watch The CW in Canada:
- Download and sign up for a VPN.
- Now open the VPN app and log in with your username and password.
- Now connect to the American server and wait until the connection is established.
- Visit The CW website and start watching in Canada.
How to Get The CW on Android in Canada (Smartphones/Tablets/SmartTV)?
The CW app is available on all the android smartphones, tablets and smart TVs. but due to streaming rights and content distribution policies, The CW app is only available on US Google Play Store.
This is why to get the CW TV app on your android device in Canada, you need to change your Google Play Store region from Canada to the USA. Here is how you can get the CW on Android in Canada:
- First, download and subscribe for a VPN.
- Now open the VPN app on your android device and sign in.
- Connect to a United States server from the list.
- Go to Settings in your Android device now.
- Look for the Google Play Store app under the ‘Downloaded’ section.
- Tap on Google Play Store in that section.
- Tap on ‘Clear Data’ and ‘Force Stop’.
- Close the Settings menu.
- Launch the Google Play Store app again.
- You can now access USA Google Play Store.
- Now download the CW app on your Android device and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get The CW TV in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Like Android, you need to change your iPhone/iPad App Store location to the USA. Here is how you can get CW TV in Canada on iPhone/iPad.
- First, go to your iPhone/iPad “Settings” and tap on your profile.
- Now scroll down and tap on “Media & Purchases” > “View Account” and then enter your passcode or touch ID to process.
- Tap “Country/Region” > select “Change Country or Region” and then select USA as your county.
- Now provide all the required details for the verification process. While providing information, you need to enter US address, zip code, and phone number that you can easily find out on Google.
- Once your region changed to the USA, open App Store and download CW TV app.
- Now open the VPN app on your iOS device and connect to the USA server.
- Open the CW app on your iPhone/iPad device and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get The CW in Canada on Amazon Firestick, Fire TV and Fire Tablets?
To get the CW on your Amazon Firestick, Fire TV or Fire Tablet in Canada, you need to change your Amazon account country to USA. Here is how you can get The CW app on your Amazon devices:
- Head to Manage Your Content and Devices
- Go to Manage Your Content and Devices.
- Open the Preferences tab.
- Go to the Country Settings section, and select Change next to your current country.
- Enter your new address, and choose your new country. You can easily find the US address and zip code on Google. Then select Update.
- In the notification that displays on-screen, select the learn more option, and then select Transfer your Kindle account to or Update your default Kindle Store.
- On your Amazon streaming device select Home > Settings > My Account from the menu, then select Deregister.
- You are prompted to Register your device again. Re-enter your Amazon account information to register your Amazon device for use in your new supported country.
- Now open the VPN app on your Amazon device and connect to the USA server.
- Head to the Amazon app store and download the CW app and start watching in Canada.
What Can I Watch on the CW TV?
There is a huge list of TV shows that you can watch on CW TV for free. Here is the list of best shows and movies to watch on the CW TV:
- The Originals
- The Flash
- The Vampire Diaries
- The 100
- Super Girl
- DC’s Legends of Tomorrow
- Gossip Girl
- Jane the Virgin
- Black Lightning
- The Secret Circle
- All American
- Tom & Jerry Tales
- People of Tomorrow
Is Watching The CW Legal with a VPN in Canada?
Yes, it is legal to watch CW TV in Canada with a VPN. The use of a VPN (Virtual Private Network) for online privacy and to access geo-blocked streaming services like the CW is 100% legal in Canada.
Is CW seed available in Canada?
The CWTV or CW Network is a US-based VOD (Video-on-Demand) service that offers free content to watch. However, the CW service is only available in the USA and geo-restricted in other parts of the world, including Canada. But you can still access the CW service in Canada via a VPN like ExpressVPN.
How can I stream the CW?
You can stream the CW service on almost all the available devices, including Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Smart TV, Roku, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Apple TV, PlayStation, and Xbox through its official website or applications. However, if you are living outside the USA, you need a VPN to access CW content because of content licensing rights.
In which country is the CW app available?
The CW streaming has the rights to offer its service only in the United States. This means the CW app is not available outside the US. But if you want to access the CW service outside the USA, you need a VPN to do so.
Is the CW channel free?
The CW is totally free VOD service that doesn’t requicable or satellite TV subscription. But to stream content on CW you must live in the USA as the service geo-restricted and only available for American residents. However, with VPN or Virtual Private Network, you can access this Free cfdsfsdkfn streaming services from anywhere.