It’s time to finally learn how to watch BFI Player in Canada! For all the classical movie fans and all those who are in love with the best and the most underrated literature movies of the old times, this blog is it!
BFI Player is a British Film Institution Player which streams all the artistic movies on their platform along with some of the popular ones as well.
This is why when you try to access BFI Player in Canada, this message will appear on your screen:
“Location not authorised
BFI Player films cannot be played outside of the UK”
This means if you reside in Canada, you will have to get hold of a VPN to unblock BFI Player in Canada.
To find out about the complete method, scroll down and continue!
How to Watch BFI Player in Canada
To watch BFI Player in Canada, just follow the step-by-step guide mentioned below:
- Download and sign up for a VPN – We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app, sign in and connect to a server from the UK.
- Now, visit the BFI website, sign up and start streaming in Canada.
How to Subscribe to BFI Player in Canada
It’s super easy! All you have to do is follow the pictorial mentioned below:
- Connect to the UK server using a VPN. We used ExpressVPN.
- Now visit the BFI Player website and click on “Sign up.”
- Now, enter your required details and sign up.
- If you are looking for a paid subscription instead of the free ones, then continue with the payment plans and select one.
- Enter your payment details and voila!
Best VPNs for BFI Player in Canada
Listed below are the best tried and tested VPNs that we have in our list to watch BFI Player in Canada:
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
The number one in our list, and that is mainly because of the outclass service that it provides us.
It works super effectively as it has over 3000+ servers in over 90+ regions, including the UK. These blazing fast servers allow it to unblock BFI Player and other services such as HBO MAX and Hulu in Canada.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN allows 5 connections simultaneously per account, and is available on all mainstream devices along with offering a 30-days money-back guarantee on all accounts.
Pocket-Friendly VPN – NordVPN
The second one in our list is NordVPN because of its massive server bank of 5500+ servers in 50+ countries, including the UK which effortlessly unblocks BFI Player, BBC iPlayer, in Canada at all times.
NordVPN also has a super sophisticated app that is available on all major platforms and military-grade encryption on its platform.
It allows 6 simultaneous connections per account and a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its packages as well.
Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
The last one of the lot, PrivateVPN is an underrated provider in our list, mainly because it offers only 100 servers, but those 200+ servers are equally great at performing as any other provider with thousands of them.
It also has one of the best working iOS and Android applications, and an affordable price plan to look forward to with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
How VPN Allows You To Access BFI Player in Canada
A VPN may seem like a major hassle, but it is not.
Virtual Private Network allows you to stream geo-restricted streaming services with ease, by simply swapping your original IP address with one from their own server networks, based on the region you have sorted for yourself.
Here, we will prioritize the UK, as we want to get BFI Player in Canada.
The masked IP will disguise your actual location and make you look like you are from the UK.
This will allow the BFI Player bots to detect your location and open up the site for you for streaming endless content in Canada.
And that’s not it, a VPN protects you at all aspects of your web browsing, and not only keeps your identity private, but also keeps you sensitive information safe from hackers and identity thieves.
Where Can I Watch BFI Player in Canada?
Following are the list of devices where you can watch BFI Player in Canada through its official website or app:
- Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Google Chrome
Note: Follow mentioned below steps to download the BFI Player app in Canada on your iOS, Android, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV.
How to Get BFI Player App in Canada on iOS, Android, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
How to Get Channel 5 App in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
- First, go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United Kingdom as your country.
- Once you select the UK as your country, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a UK address and postal code that you can easily find it on Google.
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the UK. Go to App Store and download the BFI Player app.
- After downloading the BFI Player app, open the VPN app, connect to the UK server and start watching!
How to Get BFI Player App in Canada on Android?
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the UK server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the UK as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the UK, you can download the BFI Player app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get BFI Player App in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to the UK from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the BFI Player app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the UK server.
- Open the BFI Player app, sign and start watching.
What Can I Watch on BFI Player in Canada?
There are 1000+ classical films available on BFI Player. Here is the list of top films that you can watch on BFI Player in Canada:
- Paris, Texas
- Winter Sleep
- One Deadly Summer
- A Bigger Splash
- Cinema Paradiso
- Knives Out
- The Beast
- The New Girlfriend
- Port of Call
- Little Joe
- The Third Wife
For more check out this list.
Is BFI Player available in Canada?
No, BFI Player is not available in Canada or any other country except the UK due to streaming rights and content distribution licensing. But you can still watch BFI Player in Canada by obtaining a UK IP address with the help of one of the recommended VPNs mentioned above.
Can you watch BFI Player in Canada?
Yes! With the help of a VPN service, you can not only watch the free version of BFI in Canada, but also subscribe to the paid version of the classic British Film Institute.
Can I watch BFI Player outside the UK?
Yes, not only in Canada, ExpressVPN allows you to unblock and stream BFI Player anywhere outside the UK by connecting to any available UK server at a fast blazing speed.
Is BFI Player included with Amazon Prime?
Amazon Prime has an add-on available for BFI Player that allows you to stream the service after paying up for a monthly subscription fee and a free-trial.
Where can I watch BFI Player?
BFI Player is available as a standalone streaming service which is available in Amazon Prime Video as an add-on. Apart from that, it is available on all mainstream devices and browsers as well.
ExpressVPN, NordVPN and PrivateVPN really have outdone themselves this time by unblocking the classic BFI player in Canada, and allowing you to access all the best shows and movies from back in the days and all the cult favourites as well.