Who wouldn’t want to miss out on all the free streaming services that bless the internet, and channel 5 is one of those free streaming services that hold a ton of content, from The Handmaid’s Tale to Lie with Me, there is a lot that one can stream, hence we are here to teach you how to watch Channel 5 in Canada.
Channel 5 is a free-to-watch British streaming service with access to live TV and a ton of popular titles and shows.
And if you try to get them in Canada, you will be blocked, and this message will appear on your screen:
“We’re sorry, you must be located in the UK to view this content. If you continue to see this error, please visit My5 Help Centre.”
But with a quick VPN hack, you will be able to not only watch Channel 5 in Canada, but also secure yourself while you do so. So continue reading and find out how.
How to Watch Channel 5 in Canada Easily
Get access to Channel 5 in Canada using the following methods:
- Download and subscribe for a VPN – We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app connect to a server from the UK.
- Now, visit the Channel 5 website or app on your device.
- Create an account and start streaming Channel 5 in Canada for free.
How to Subscribe to Channel 5 in Canada
Getting a Channel 5 account on your device is super easy, all you need to do is follow the steps mentioned below:
- Get ExpressVPN on your device and connect to a UK server.
- After that, visit the Channel 5 or My5 website, and click on “Sign in.”
- Now, you will get two options, click on “Register.”
- Enter all the required details, and click on “Create Account” and voila. You can easily find UK addresses and postal codes on Google.
Best VPNs to Watch Channel 5 in Canada
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
The best of the lot, and the number one on our list, ExpressVPN performs exceptionally well when it comes to watching Channel 5 in Canada.
Not only does it unblock the streaming service easily, but it also maintains the streaming and speed quality of the show that you are watching or any live TV program that you are streaming.
With ExpressVPN, you can watch Channel 5 in Canada on Windows, iOS, Android, Mac, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV through its official apps or browser extensions available on Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox.
ExpressVPN comes with a super trendy application that is available on all mainstream devices and software along with being simultaneously available on 5 devices and you can try it risk-free as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Great Unblocking Capability – CyberGhost
CyberGhost is also a good choice for streamers because it can unblock geo-blocked streaming services in Canada or anywhere else in the world.
In 91 countries, this provider has 7500+ servers that you can use to watch Channel 5 in Canada.
CyberGhost has apps for Windows, Android, iOS, and Mac, as well as fast and friendly 24/7 live chat.
This VPN also has a good reputation for torrenting other than unblocking popular streaming services like American Netflix in Canada, Hulu, Romanian TV in Canada, HBO Max, YouTube TV in Canada, Peacock TV in Canada, NBC in Canada as well as others.
With CyberGhost, you can use up to seven devices at the same time on the same account. You also get a 45-day money-back guarantee with this service, which is the longest compared to other providers on this list.
And if you want to save big money, you can go for its CyberGhost 3 year plan that will cost you $2.29/month.
Offers 45-day money-back guarantee!
All Rounder VPN – PIA (Private Internet Access)
In addition to its strong security measures, PIA aka Private Internet Access has made significant progress in recent months in unblocking geo-restricted streaming services in Canada or anywhere.
With 10,000+ servers in 70 countries, you’ll never run out of bandwidth while streaming Channel 5 in Canada.
With this service, you can also access famous streaming services like American Netflix and Hulu in Canada as well as American Amazon Prime and the US version of Disney Plus in Canada, all of which are geo-restricted.
It has apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and Mac, as well as browser extensions for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
With a single subscription, you’ll have access to live chat and email support around the clock, and you can connect up to ten devices at once.
There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee on this VPN service, too, just like all the others on this list.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Pocket-Friendly – NordVPN
NordVPN is an extremely sophisticated VPN provider that works effectively in unblocking Channel 5 in Canada.
It has 5500+ servers in 60+ regions that allow you to do so, and all these servers are extremely fast in speed and quality.
Moreover, NordVPN follows strict security protocols to keep you protected on the web as well.
NordVPN has dedicated apps on all mainstream devices and software, along with 6 simultaneous connections and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Offers 30-day money-back
How VPN Allows You To Access Channel 5 in Canada?
Channel 5 is exclusively available in the UK, and a VPN exclusively unblocks the streaming service in Canada by following the simplest methods, replacing your IP address with one of their own based on the region you have selected like here it’s the UK.
The changed IP will allow the Channel 5 site to detect your virtual location as UK instead of Canada, and open up the website for you to watch all your favorite shows online from Canada, without having to miss out on anything.
Moreover, you can also stay protected and keep your sensitive data and identity safe from all the mischievous activities on the web without costing an arm or a leg at all.
Where Can I Watch Channel 5 in Canada?
- Amazon Fire TV and Firestick
- Apple TV
- Android TV
- Android TV
- Samsung Smart TV
How to Get Channel 5 App in Canada on your Devices?
How to Get Channel 5 App in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
- First, go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United Kingdom as your country.
- Once you select the UK as your country, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a UK address and postal code that you can easily find it on Google.
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the UK. Go to App Store and download the Channel 5 app.
- After downloading the Channel 5 app, open the VPN app, connect to the UK server and start watching!
How to Get Channel 5 App in Canada on Android?
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the UK server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the UK as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the UK, you can download the Channel 5 app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get Channel 5 App in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to the UK from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the Channel 5 app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the UK server.
- Open the Channel 5 app and start watching.
What Can I Watch on Channel 5 in Canada?
- Anne Boleyn
- Lie with Me
- All Creatures Great and Small
- The Drowning
- Pillars of the Earth
- The Arrangement
- Crossing Lines
- The Principal
- Bad Mothers
Is Channel 5 available in Canada?
No, Channel 5 (My5) is only available in the UK due to content distribution policies. But by obtaining a UK IP address using one of the recommended VPNs mentioned above, you can watch Channel 5 in Canada.
How can I watch Channel 5 abroad?
Channel 5 is available in UK only, and to stream it abroad you must get ExpressVPN on your device and connect to a server from the UK. Now, it will let you unblock Channel 5 abroad.
Can you watch Channel 5 online?
Yes, Channel 5 is available online on multiple platforms including on browser, PC, Android, and even iOS.
How do I get Channel 5 on my TV?
Channel 5 is a British streaming service, and to get it on your TV in Canada, you require a Smart DNS service or ExpressVPN MediaStreamer service that will enable you to unblock Channel 5 on your TV in Canada.
Now that we have listed down all the hacks and steps, luckily you will be able to stream Channel 5 in Canada easily without having to do anything extraordinary and still be able to get all the best Channel 5 shows on your screen.