HBO Max houses some incredibly enticing and riveting content like Industry, The Janes, Euphoria, Dune, etc., but the downside is that the streaming platform is available for American residents only. Therefore, Canadians cannot access it.
That’s where a premium and excellent VPN like ExpressVPN comes into play. It will help you bypass the geo-restricted website by swapping your location to help you get HBO Max on Roku in Canada.
The entire procedure is not complicated. So if you want to stream HBO Max’s amazing content on a Roku device in Canada, that’s how you will do it!
How to Get HBO Max on Your Roku in Canada? A Step-by-Step Guide
Add HBO Max Channel
The first thing you have to do is to add the HBO Max channel to your app list, and here are the steps:
- Press Home Button by using the Roku remote.
- Select the option “Streaming Channels” from the device’s home screen.
- Scroll down to tap Search Channels to find HBO Max quickly.
- Select HBO Max via the control button.
- Now press Add Channel.
You have successfully added your HBO Max channel. Now the next step is to invade its content catalog in Canada.
You will do this with the help of a VPN, but the thing is that the Roku device isn’t VPN compatible.
Therefore, you will have to connect it to your PC through a virtual router. So this is what you have to do!
Create Your Roku Account
- Head over to ExpressVPN to subscribe and sign up.
- Visit the Roku Settings section and complete it by selecting the US as your country.
- Enter any US zip code after a google search.
- Now press your Roku device’s reset button to reset the device.
- Once it restarts, sign in with the credentials you just entered to create an account.
You have completed another agenda, i.e., creating your Roku account with the United States as your home country.
The next step is to set up a VPN on the router to watch the HBO Max content library in Canada.
Setting Up a Virtual Router on Your Computer
- Fire up the Mobile Hotspot in Settings and Network & Internet on the PC.
- Set up your wi-fi under “Share my internet connection.”
- Click Edit to create a new network and password.
- Press “Change adapter options” mentioned below “Related Settings.”
- Enter a new name inside the “Network Connection” box.
- Next, click “ExpressVPN Tap Adapter” and select its Properties option.
- Press “Sharing” to connect to other networks.
- Select your new internet connection name from the drop-down menu and press “Ok.”
- Use ExpressVPN to connect to the American server.
- Now, connect the Roku device to this new virtual router with an American server.
The steps below will link up the Roku device to the virtual router.
Connect Your Roku Device to the Virtual Router to Get HBO Max in Canada
- Head over to your Roku device’s settings menu.
- Go to the Networks menu and press Wireless and Set up Connection.
- Now hook up the VPN-enabled virtual wi-fi you just built.
- Find and launch HBO Max on your Roku.
- Sign up or log in to your HBO Max account to stream your favorite shows and movies in Canada on Roku.
- How to Watch HBO Max on Xbox in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast in Canada
- How Do I Get HBO Max on Firestick in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Samsung TV in Canada
Why is ExpressVPN the Best to Get HBO Max on Roku in Canada?
ExpressVPN is a top-tier VPN to bypass HBO Max restrictions in Canada, and we can justify our statement by describing to you its exceptional features.
ExpressVPN has the highest reach of 160+ VPN locations in 90+ regions. These regions have 3000+ supersonic servers dedicated to them.
Moreover, its dedicated streaming servers play a tremendous role in making your streaming experience worthwhile.
Its unlimited bandwidth also prevents peak hours issues that several users face while using a mediocre VPN.
It provides robust security protocols like a kill-switch, military-grade encryption, DNS and IP leak protection, etc., to keep everything safe and secure.
In addition, its single subscription offers five simultaneous connections per account.
ExpressVPN is versatile and available on all mainstream devices, browser extensions, and gaming consoles.
It also includes a 30-day money-back guarantee on all its packages.
Which Roku Devices Support and Do Not Support HBO Max?
The Roku devices are as follows:
HBO Max Supported Roku Devices
- Roku (1, 2, 3, and 4)
- Roku Express+
- Roku Express
- Roku LT (2700X)
- 4K Roku Smart Speaker
- Roku TV
- 4K Roku Ultra LT
- 4K Roku Ultra
- 4K Roku Premiere+
- 4K Roku Premiere
- 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
- Roku Streaming Stick
HBO Max Unsupported Roku Devices
- Roku LT model 2400X and 2450X
- Roku 2 XS model 3100X
- Roku HD model 2500X
- Roku 2 HD models 3000X and 3050X
- Roku Streaming Stick models 3400X and 3420X
FAQs – Frequently Asked Questions
What are the troubleshooting tips if HBO Max is not working on Roku?
If HBO Max is not working on the Roku device, it might be due to these reasons:
- The Roku device is outdated and no longer supports HBO Max.
- You have to reinstall the software.
- Or restart the device.
What is the HBO Max monthly cost in Canada?
The HBO Max monthly cost is around 18.90 CAD in Canada.
How should I cancel HBO Max on my Roku account?
The process is simple; you only have to do the following:
- Go to HBO Max on the screen and press that asterisk button.
- Press Manage Membership and then cancel subscription.
These were the complete steps to get HBO Max on Roku in Canada. By following this detailed guide, you will be able to stream all your favorite HBO Max shows and movies on the Roku device instantly. Ensure to opt for the best and premium VPN like ExpressVPN to trespass the geo-restricted website, HBO Max, without an issue.