We know HBO Max is brimming with avant-garde delights and ground-breaking movies and TV shows. But what if you own an Apple TV? Can you still watch HBO Max on Apple TV in Canada? Short answer, yes, you can!
Although HBO Max is geo-restricted and is only available for US residents due to content streaming rights and copyright issues, you can still stream its content library in Canada by hoaxing its location trackers and content guards.
The only tool that will help you accomplish HBO Max invasion is a VPN or Virtual Private Network. You only have to connect your Apple TV to a VPN and swap your location to watch HBO Max in Canada.
If it is of interest and you wish to know all the details, let’s get right into it!
How to Get HBO Max on Apple TV in Canada?
Setting Up VPN on Your Apple TV
Apple TVs do not directly support the VPN software; therefore, you will have to use other methods to set up a VPN on your Apple TV. Here are a few ways in which you can configure a VPN on your Apple TV, and we will discuss each of these.
- Configure VPN on the Wi-fi Router
- Install and subscribe to a top-notch VPN; we prefer using ExpressVPN.
- Look for your router’s IP address.
- Sign in to your Wi-fi router.
- Now, set up your Wi-fi router for a VPN connection.
- Share your VPN connection with the Apple TV.
- Install and subscribe to a top-notch VPN on Windows 10; we prefer using ExpressVPN.
- Use the mobile hotspot feature to share the VPN connection.
- Visit the Settings, Network and Internet, and then Mobile Hotspot.
- Press Wi-fi and then enable Mobile Hotspot.
- Visit Settings again, press Network and Internet, and then Change Adapter Options.
- Right-click on ExpressVPN Windows Adapter and press Properties.
- Go to its Sharing tab and checkmark “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Select the hotspot you just created from the drop-down menu. Voila! You’re done.
- Configure VPN via ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer Option
- Visit ExpressVPN’s DNS Settings page and sign in by entering your credentials.
- Check your email inbox for the verification code and type in the code.
- Press “Register my IP address” mentioned below IP address registration. If it says “Registered,” you don’t have to press that option again.
- Enable Automatically register my IP address.
- Now, visit the ExpressVPN setup page and sign in.
- Type in the verification code.
- Go to My Subscription tab and press Set Up ExpressVPN
- Scroll below and checkmark Apple TV.
- The screen will display a MediaStreamer DNS server IP address and leave this window open.
- Next, fire up your apple TV and click Settings.
- Go to Network and select your active connection (Wi-fi).
- Choose Wi-fi Network to access the settings.
- Now, scroll and tap Configure DNS.
- Press Manual.
- Enter the MediaStreamer DNS IP address numbers from the window we told you to keep open.
- That’s it! You have successfully connected the VPN to your Apple TV.
How to Download and Install HBO Max on Apple TV in Canada?
- Connect your Apple TV to ExpressVPN and choose the US server.
- Now on your Apple TV, go to its App Store and click that search icon to locate HBO Max.
- Once you spot the streaming platform, click Download.
- After installation, click to open.
- Sign up or sign in to HBO Max to stream its great content catalog.
- How to Watch HBO Max on Xbox in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Roku in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on FireTVStick in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Samsung TV in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast in Canada
Why is ExpressVPN the Best to Watch HBO Max on Apple TV in Canada?
The top-notch VPN for unblocking Hulu in Canada these days is ExpressVPN. It has a massive server park of 3000+ superfast servers in 90+ regions, thus, giving an enormous reach to access any geo-blocked website worldwide.
Its dedicated streaming servers and unlimited bandwidth offers lag-free, seamless, and high-quality streaming and keeps your internet connection stable at all times.
ExpressVPN offers stellar security because of its military-grade encryption and a strict log policy on its system. It also protects your sensitive data and IP address thanks to its kill-switch and DNS and IP Leak Protection.
ExpressVPN is versatile and compatible with mainstream devices, browser extensions, smart TVs, and gaming consoles. Its single subscription supports five simultaneous connections without an issue.
It provides 3-month free access on its yearly plan and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
FAQs – HBO Max on Apple TV
Which Apple TV models do HBO Max supports?
You can easily install HBO Max if you have a 4th Gen Apple TV, Apple TV 4K, or later models with tvOS 13.
What are the troubleshooting tips if HBO Max does not work on Apple TV?
There are a few ways in which you can fix the issues while streaming HBO Max on Apple TV:
- Restart or reboot your Apple TV.
- Unplug and re-plug your Apple TV after waiting for at least thirty seconds.
- Restart your router or modem.
- Make sure that your Apple TV is connected to the internet.
- Update the HBO Max application if there’s an update available.
- Update your Apple TV software by going to Settings.
- Uninstall and reinstall the HBO Max app.
How should I know which generation of Apple TV I have?
To verify your Apple TV generation, you can visit Apple TV Settings. Go to General and click About. It will display the model of your Apple TV. Besides that, you can check the bottom of the Apple TV.
You have reached the end of the guide on “Can I Get HBO Max on Apple TV in Canada?” You can get HBO Max in Canada and stream it on your Apple TV only if you subscribe to a top-of-the-line VPN like ExpressVPN.
Moreover, ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer option is perfect for those devices that do not support VPN apps. Thus, allowing you to watch geo-restricted websites, like HBO Max, on the device of your choice.