Hey, ya’ll! HBO Max is finally available on LG Smart TVs, and you do not have to go through the hassle of mirroring content on the screen
Whether new or old models, you can install HBO Max on your LG TV as we know plenty of methods in which you can.
But the only downside is that HBO Max is an American-only streaming platform unavailable in Canada due to content streaming rights and copyright issues.
Therefore, you will have to change your location via a VPN or Virtual Private Network to fool its content guards and location trackers.
So if you want to stream the HBO Max content library on LG TV in Canada, you must set up a top-notch VPN.
Here are a few simple ways you can do it, and we have also described a few methods through which you can HBO Max on your older LG TVs.
Let’s get right into it!
How to Configure VPN on Your LG Smart TV to Watch HBO Max?
To bypass the geo-location error message, you need a premium and top-tier VPN like ExpressVPN. However, LG Smart TVs do not support VPN apps, so you will have to use other methods to set up a VPN. These include:
- Use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer option
- Install ExpressVPN via a virtual router
- Connect ExpressVPN on the physical router
Use ExpressVPN’s MediaStreamer Option
- Register your current IP address by visiting ExpressVPN DNS Settings Page.
- After receiving a new MediaStreamer IP address, please do not close the window as you will need it.
- Now on the LG TV, visit Settings.
- Go to Advanced, then Network, and choose the network you are currently connected to.
- Tap Edit and disable Set Automatically.
- Enter the IP address from the window you left open earlier.
- Press Connect, or you can reboot your LG TV if needed.
- That’s it! Your MediaStreamer is successfully configured on the LG Smart TV.
Connect VPN on LG TV via a Physical Router
This option might be tricky for non-tech-savvy individuals; however, a premium VPN like ExpressVPN provides pre-configured routers ideal for non-VPN-compatible devices, which makes this method easy peasy. This is what you have to do to connect LG TV to your router.
- Connect the LG Smart TV to the pre-configured VPN router (you can choose router models of Netgear, Linksys, and Asus).
- Now on your TV, open its Content Store and search for HBO Max.
- Install and log in to begin streaming.
Configure VPN on Your LG Smart TV Via a Virtual Router
Besides these two options, you can also convert your device into a virtual router. To demonstrate how to configure VPN on your LG TV, we have used Windows 10 with wi-fi connectivity.
- Install, subscribe, and connect the Windows 10 laptop and PC to ExpressVPN.
- Click the Windows button, go to Network and Setting, and then wi-fi.
- Enable your mobile hotspot and click Edit to change your network and password.
- Press Change Adaptor Options present at the bottom of the screen.
- Navigate to ExpressVPN, Tap Adapter, and click Properties.
- Press the Sharing tab and choose “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection.”
- Next, switch on your Hotspot and fire up the LG TV.
- Choose your new virtual router from the Home Networking Connection and press OK.
- Voila! Your VPN is connected through a virtual router.
How to Install HBO Max App on your LG TV in Canada?
- After connecting your LG Smart TV with VPN, ensure your device still has internet connectivity.
- Click the Home menu.
- Head over to LG Content Store and look for HBO Max.
- Scroll the Apps section.
- Choose HBO Max and install the application.
Setting Up HBO Max Application on the LG TV
You will require the help of a laptop or smartphone to set up the HBO Max app on your LG TV. These are the instructions that you will have to follow:
- Visit LG Content Store.
- Install the HBO Max application.
- Press sign up.
- Now take your laptop or smartphone and launch the HBO Max sign-in page.
- Enter your credentials to log in.
- Type in the code appearing on your LG TV.
- You’re done.
How to Watch HBO Max on Older LG TV Models in Canada?
If you have an older LG Smart TV that does not support the HBO Max app, you must use other devices to watch this streaming platform’s content catalog.
Watch HBO Max on LG TV From AirPlay or iPhone.
- Keep your VPN activated.
- Connect LG TV and your iOS device to the same wi-fi network.
- Enable AirPlay on your LG TV.
- On the iOS device, launch the HBO Max app to play the content.
- Click on the AirPlay button present in the upper-right corner.
- Choose your smart TV.
- Your LG TV will display your iOS device screen.
Note: This method is only possible if your LG TV is compatible with AirPlay 2.
Watch HBO Max on LG TV From YouTube TV
Getting HBO Max on your YouTube TV is straightforward by adding the HBO Max app to your YouTube TV subscription. After that, follow these steps:
- Launch the HBO Max application and tap Sign in.
- Choose “Sign in with a Provider.”
- Click YouTube TV from its drop-down menu.
- Choose the account with the YouTube TV membership and tap Allow.
- That’s it! Stream HBO Max through YouTube TV on your LG Smart TV.
Watch HBO Max on LG TV From Android
- Keep your VPN activated.
- Connect Chromecast and Android devices to the same wi-fi.
- Fire up the Google Home app on your Android device.
- Choose the device you wish to cast to.
- Choose Cast my Screen and then tap Cast Screen.
- The Android screen will now appear on LG TV to stream HBO Max.
Watch HBO Max on LG TV From Laptop
- Connect the laptop to your LG Smart TV through an HDMI cable.
- Now choose the HDMI port with the LG TV remote.
- Your laptop screen will be visible on the LG TV, and now you can stream HBO Max.
- How to Get HBO Max on FireTVStick in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Roku in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Chromecast in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Samsung TV in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Xbox in Canada
How do I update my HBO Max app on my LG TV?
This is how you can update your HBO Max on LG TV:
- Go to the LG Media Store on your LG TV.
- Select Apps.
- Tap My Apps.
- Select HBO Max from the list and click Update.
Why does my LG Smart TV not have HBO Max?
It is because you may have an old model.
Why does HBO Max keep crashing on my LG Smart TV?
A poor or sluggish internet connection may cause this to happen. Make sure that your internet connection is stable and operational.
How should I reset HBO Max on my LG TV?
The steps are as follows:
- Sign out from the streaming platform HBO Max.
- Disconnect your TV.
- Wait twenty seconds before plugging the TV back.
- Go to HBO Max, sign in, and try streaming.
Which LG Smart TV models do HBO Max supports?
These are the following models:
Since we have laid out so many options for you, we think you might have an idea now on how to watch HBO Max on LG TV in Canada. The procedures are pretty straightforward. You only need a top-tier VPN like ExpressVPN to bypass the geo-restricted territory.
Moreover, you can stream the HBO Max content catalog in Canada on older and newest LG Smart TV models without streaming or quality issues.