What’s better than getting Hulu on an iPhone in Canada? Getting Hulu on Apple TV in Canada. Why? Because there’s nothing better than watching your favorite movies and shows on the best possible screen resolution. I mean, it’s Apple, enough said, right?
But what’s all the huge hype regarding watching Hulu in Canada on Apple TV. Shouldn’t it be a simple task?
Sadly not, I guess. But more on that below, so keep your glasses on nerds, because this one is going to get interesting.
Also, check out our guides on:
Why is a VPN Necessary for Getting Hulu on Apple TV?
Many of you won’t know this, but Hulu is a geo-restricted streaming service, and it is available in the United States only. Meaning that people outside of the US (and US territories) cannot access Hulu or any of its sister services.
This is because of copyright and content distribution policy that restricts Hulu streaming inside the US only.
And honestly, Hulu has no plans on going global at all. If it had, it would have established a worldwide network some good 13 years ago.
But it didn’t because they weren’t planning on doing so. So this is where a VPN steps in a VPN. The technological tool that will help you get the service of Hulu in Canada on Apple TV
We’ll get into the details below.
So Does This Mean That Hulu is Unavailable To People in Canada?
Absolutely not. Although the content is geo-restricted, you can get full access to Hulu services and that too legally by using ExpressVPN. Why ExpressVPN you ask us? Because it’ll provide you with all the things that you need from a VPN.
Although (theoretically) any paid VPN can do the job, for a buffer-free experience you need a good quality and secure VPN.
Moreover, it has been observed that not every VPN can give you an exquisite, uninterrupted streaming experience.
Only the best VPN like ExpressVPN perform well and unblock Hulu in Canada on Apple TV.
So without any more delay, we will walk you through the exact steps you need to follow in order to get Hulu in Canada on Apple TV.
Steps to Set ExpressVPN Media Streamer on Apple TV
Since ExpressVPN does not have a dedicated app for Apple TV, you can use the following Media Streamer option to get the service on your device to get Hulu in Canada.
Configure MediaStreamer IP Address
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Visit the DNS Setting and enter your newly made credentials.
- You will receive an email with a verification code.
- Now Register your IP address by clicking on the option mentioned.
- When complete, head over to the Setup page.
- Scoop out your IP addresses mentioned on the screen for configuration.
Configure IP Address on Apple TV
- Launch your Apple TV and visit Networks via Settings.
- Click on your Wi-fi connection and access its settings.
- Click on “Configure DNS” and select Manual.
- Now enter the IP address you found out a while ago.
- Now restart your Apple TV via settings and wait for the process to complete.
- Excellent! You now have Media Streamer on Apple TV.
All left to do now is for you to head over to the App Store, find the Hulu application and install it while you sit in your home in Canada. All the geo-restrictions are gone!
How Much Do I Have to Pay For Hulu On Apple TV?
The best thing about Hulu is that there are no hidden charges, irrespective of the device you are using to watch your favourite films and shows.
The packages for Hulu are as follows:
- Hulu Basic for USD 5.99 per month (CAD 7.5 approximately)
- Hulu Basic for USD 59.99 per year (USD 4.99 per month)
- Hulu no Ads for USD 11.99 per month (CAD 15 approximately)
- Hulu + Live TV for USD 64.99 per month (CAD 80.5 approximately)
- Hulu no Ads + live TV for USD 70.99 per month (CAD 88 approximately)
But if you are a student then Hulu has a special offer for you, you can get full access to Hulu for the lowest price of USD 1.99 per month (CAD 2.5 approximately). But to avail this offer you have to prove first that you are a student.
What to Watch on Hulu on Apple TV?
Hulu has one of the widest libraries when compared to other streaming services. You get access to more than 2500 movies and more than 43000 episodes of your favorite TV series. Some of the trending and evergreen shows and movies are listed below.
Best TV Shows on Hulu
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- A Teacher
- The X Files
- Pawn Stars
- Little Fires Everywhere
- The Hardy Boys
- New Amsterdam
- Love, Victor
Best Movies on Hulu
- Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol
- Gone Girl
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- The Cabin in the Woods
- The Painter and The Thief
- Fighting with My Family
- Sorry to Bother You
- The Social Network
- The Truman Show
Is Hulu Compatible with Every Device?
Hulu is compatible with most of the latest devices out in the market for example
- iOS devices including iPhones and iPads
- Android Devices
- Apple TV
- Xbox, Xbox one, Xbox 360
- PC and Mac browser along with PC and Mac apps
- Smart TV including Samsung TV, LG TV
- Fire TV, Fire Stick TV
- Xfinity TV box
- Nintendo Switch
I can’t find Hulu on Apple TV
Hulu has a dedicated app for Apple TV, which usually comes pre-installed in most of the TVs and in all the newer models. But if you still can’t find the Hulu app, you can download it from the Apple App Store.
Hulu is not working on my Apple TV anymore
Nothing to worry about. You can troubleshoot this problem easily by making sure of few things e.g.
- Restart your Apple TV
- Try to update Hulu app to latest version
- Stop and relaunch Hulu app
- Restart your router
- Delete the app and then reinstall it
Which version of Apple TV supports Hulu live TV?
All the fourth generation or above Apple TVs support Hulu live TV
Leave a Reply