Wondering how to watch Freevee in Canada? Freevee is geo-blocked outside USA. In Canada, you can only access Amazon Freevee by using a premium VPN with American IP address.
Amazon Freevee (formerly IMDb TV) is a free to watch VoD streaming service that offers popular TV shows and movies like Hollywood Houselift with Jeff Lewis, Judy Justice, Primo, EXmas, Sprung, Jury Duty, Puppy Love, Bosch Legacy, Lost, and more.
However, due to content licensing, Freevee is not available in Canada. But don’t worry because after extensive testing, I found a solution to watch Freevee in Canada. So, without any further delay, let’s dive in.
- What is Amazon Freevee ?
- Is Freevee in Canada?
- How to Watch Freevee in Canada [Step-by-Step Guide]
- How to Subscribe to Amazon Freevee in Canada?
- Best VPNs for Amazon Freevee in Canada
- How VPN Allows You To Access Freevee in Canada?
- Where Can I Watch Amazon Freevee in Canada?
- How to Get Freevee App on Streaming Devices in Canada?
- What Can I Watch on Amazon Freevee in Canada?
What is Amazon Freevee ?
Freevee (formerly known as IMDb TV) is a free-to-watch streaming service owned by Amazon. One of the main reasons behind the rebranding is to emphasize that this ad-supported video streaming service the offers free to watch TV shows and movies.
Is Freevee in Canada?
Due to content licensing and streaming rights policies, like Hulu, Max (previously HBO Max), ESPN+, and Peacock TV, Freevee is not available for Canadians.
But with the help of a VPN, Canadians can access Freevee with their existing Amazon account.
How to Watch Freevee in Canada [Step-by-Step Guide]
Follow the step-by-step instruction to access Freevee and watch all content free.
- Subscribe and download VPN – I recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app, sign in and connect to the US server.
- Make sure your device location is off.
- Head to Amazon.com, sign in and search for Amazon Freevee.
- In the search result, click on the Amazon Freevee icon and start streaming.
How to Subscribe to Amazon Freevee in Canada?
Sign-up processes are usually extremely hectic for people but for Amazon Freevee, it’s simple and straightforward.
If you already have an Amazon account, you can use the same account for Amazon Freevee. All you need to do is connect to the US server using a VPN and start watching your favorite content on Amazon Freevee in Canada.
In case you don’t have an Amazon account, you can follow the mentioned below steps to get an Amazon Freevee free account in Canada.
- Connect to the US server using a VPN – I used ExpressVPN.
- Now head to Amazon.com and click “Create your Amazon account” button.
- Enter your details in the boxes mentioned below, click continue and viola!
- Once you create your Amazon account, sign in and search for Freevee.
- Click on Freevee icon and start streaming in Canada.
Next up – Which VPN works best to access Amazon Freevee in Canada.
Best VPNs for Amazon Freevee in Canada
When it comes to accessing streaming services from the USA, you require only the best providers who can easily and very conveniently unblock the streaming service for you.
And after testing numerous of them out, I have reached a conclusion that the following VPNs perform well when it comes to unblocking Amazon Freevee in Canada.
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
ExpressVPN is our top choice to access Amazon Freevee and stream Primo and Jury Duty from Canada.
Not only does it provide 3000+ servers in 90+ countries, but it also provides an exceptionally smooth streaming experience to stream Peacock TV in Canada and Amazon Freevee in Canada.
You will be able to connect to it at lightning speed, and without facing any lag of any kind while streaming your favorite geo-blocked content.
This provider offers apps for all mainstream devices including, Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Linux, and Amazon FireStick/Fire TV.
Also, you can set up ExpressVPN on devices like Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV without Android OS, PlayStation, and Xbox through a virtual router using a Laptop/PC, MediaStreamer (Smart DNS), or directly set up on your home router to watch all your favorite geo-blocked content on big screens.
You can also install this provider browser extension available for Google Chrome and Mozilla Firefox to access geo-blocked content or change Netflix region to watch all parts of Harry Potter on Netflix in Canada.
You will be able to watch all the best shows on Freevee in Canada on 5 devices simultaneously on a single account.
And right now ExpressVPN is offering a flat 49% off on its yearly plan plus 3 months free along with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee.
Pocket-Friendly VPN – NordVPN
The one with the biggest server bank, NordVPN comes with 5500+ servers in 50+ regions with 1900+ of them in the US, which guarantees your connection to stream DirecTV, Peacock TV, MGM+ and Discovery Plus US Content in Canada.
Not only that, NordVPN’s obfuscated servers ensure a secure connection no matter what with heavy encryption at all times.
It allows 6 simultaneous connections on all devices that come in an affordable package and a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee.
Great Unblocking Capability – CyberGhost
Having a good ability to get around geo-restrictions in Canada and around the world, CyberGhost is our second-best VPN on the list I made.
This company has a lot of servers, with 7000+ servers in 90+ countries.
With this provider, I was able to watch Amazon Freevee in Edmonton, Canada, and the performance of this provider was very close to perfect.
If you want to watch content that isn’t available in your country, CyberGhost has apps for Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS that you can use to get around geo-blocks.
Aside from unblocking Amazon Freevee in Canada, this provider can also circumvent geo-restrictions on a variety of popular streaming services, including MGM+, 9Now, Hulu Canada, TNT, BBC iPlayer in Canada, US Amazon Prime, HBO Max Canada, AMC Plus, YouTube TV Canada, Showtime, Philo TV in Canada, and Paramount Network in Canada.
Not only does CyberGhost let you get to your favorite geo-blocked content in Canada, but it also gives you strong online privacy thanks to its top-notch encryption and other great features.
And if you want save big money, you can go for its CyberGhost 3 year plan that will cost you $2.29/month.
Offers 45-day money-back guarantee.
All Rounder VPN – PIA (Private Internet Access)
PIA, or Private Internet Access, is well-known for its high end security protocols, but it has also made huge progress in recent months in unblocking geo-blocked streaming services in Canada.
This company provides 10,000+ servers in 70+ countries, ensuring that you will never run out of servers when viewing Amazon Freevee in Canada.
Aside from unblocking Amazon Freevee in Canada, this provider can also circumvent geo-restrictions on a variety of popular streaming services, including MGM+, TNT, BBC iPlayer in Canada, American Amazon Prime, HBO Max Canada, AMC Plus, YouTube TV Canada, Showtime, Philo TV in Canada, and Romanain TV in Canada.
This VPN provides software for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and Mac, as well as browser extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, and Opera.
A single membership allows you to connect up to ten devices at the same time, and it includes live chat and email assistance 24 hours a day, seven days a week.
And if you want to receive PIA for a wonderful price, you may go for its three-year plan, which will cost you roughly $2.03/month.
And, like the other VPNs on this list, this company provides a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee.
How VPN Allows You To Access Freevee in Canada?
A VPN works in mysterious ways, which may not be that hard to understand if you ask us.
All it does is mask your original IP address. When you connect to a region of your choice, in this case, it’s the USA, your IP address is virtually replaced, so that it may seem that you are residing in the USA, instead of Canada.
This allows the site bots to configure the traffic from your device, and in turn allowing you to access the otherwise geo-restricted content on the website.
And the best part is that your identity will remain anonymous throughout the time you are connected to a VPN service, which makes it even more secure and private.
Where Can I Watch Amazon Freevee in Canada?
Here is the list of devices where you can watch Freevee via its official website or app:
- Amazon Fire TV
- Android TV
- Google TV
- LG smart TVs (TV models 2018+)
- Comcast Xfinity X1 and Flex
- Microsoft Xbox One and Series S/X
- Sony PlayStation 4
- Android Mobile phones
- Fire tablet
How to Get Freevee App on Streaming Devices in Canada?
How to Get Amazon Freevee App in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Here’s how to download the Freevee app on iPhone/iPad in Canada:
- First, go to “Settings” on your iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United States as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the Amazon Freevee app.
- After downloading the Freevee app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to Watch Freevee on Android Smartphones, Tablets, and Smart TV?
Follow these steps to download the Amazon Freevee app on your Android devices:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the USA server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the USA as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the USA, you can download the Amazon Freevee app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get Freevee App in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
Here’s how you can download the Freevee app on your Amazon Firestick/Fire TV:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content.”
- Now change your region to the USA from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings.”
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the Amazon Freevee app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Open the Freevee app and start watching.
What Can I Watch on Amazon Freevee in Canada?
- High School
- Love Accidentally
- Hollywood Houselift with Jeff Lewis
- Judy Justice
- Jury Duty
- Bosch Legacy
- Schitt’s Creek
- Warehouse 13
- Puppy Love
- Mad Men
- Alex Rider
Is Freevee available in Canada?
No, Freevee is not available in Canada due to streaming rights. However, you can use American IP address via ExpressVPN and watch Amazon Freevee in Canada.
Is (Freevee) IMDb TV free in Canada?
Yes, Freevee or IMDb TV is a free-of-cost streaming service, the only cost you need to pay is that of a VPN which will unblock Freevee in Canada for you without any additional cost.
Can you watch Freevee without Amazon Prime?
No, you cannot watch Freevee without an Amazon Prime subscription. Freevee is a streaming service on Amazon Prime Video, requiring an active subscription for access.
Is Freevee available outside the US?
Yes, Freevee is available outside the US, but only if you use a VPN because Freevee content is geo-restricted to US only.
What VPN works with Freevee?
ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and Surfshark are popular VPN services that are known to work well with streaming platforms like Freevee.
Why is Freevee not working in Canada?
Freevee does not work with free VPN. If you are using premium VPN and still facing issue then change your server location and try again. We have tried ExpressVPN US server and all work fine with Amazon Freevee.
What is Freevee in Amazon Prime
Freevee (previously IMDb TV), is a free ad-supported streaming service by Amazon Prime where you can watch popular shows and TV shows without having Prime subscription. However, Freevee is only available in the US, UK and Germany due to content licensing.
Now that I have revealed all the nit and bits of a VPN and how you can use it, I am sure you will be able to find out how to watch Amazon Freevee in Canada. Also how you can get the streaming service to watch all the top movies and TV shows for free!