Peacock TV is a streaming service owned by NBC Universal, which offers a wide range of TV shows, movies, live sports, and many more.
Unfortunately, Peacock TV is officially not available in Canada. Why? Because of complex content distribution laws and geo-restriction.
If you are a Roku user in Canada, you can still access Peacock TV by following some simple steps. In this blog, we will provide you with step-by-step instructions on how to get Peacock TV on Roku.
- How to Get Peacock TV on Roku | Quick Steps
- How to Set Up VPN to Watch Peacock TV on Roku via Virtual Router?
- Why Do You Need VPN to Watch Peacock TV on Roku?
- How Can I Watch Peacock TV on an Older Device?
- Compatible Roku Devices for Peacock TV
- Non-compatible Roku Devices for Peacock TV
- Roku TV Models Support Peacock TV
How to Get Peacock TV on Roku | Quick Steps
To get Peacock TV on Roku in Canada, you need the following things:
- A trusted VPN that supports Roku.
- A US Roku account.
- Setting up VPN on Roku to watch Peacock TV
We tested the most reliable and best VPNs recommended by some of the most reputable websites like PCMag, Tom’s Guide, TechCrunch, TechRadar, and Comparitech to find the best VPN to get Peacock TV on Roku in Canada. And after testing, we found ExpressVPN to be the best among all due to its exceptional support for Roku devices through smart DNS, virtual router set up or direct router set up.
Once you subscribe to a trustworthy VPN, it’s time to create a US Roku account.
How to Set Up a US Roku Account in Canada?
Here’s how you can set up a US Roku Account in Canada:
- Download a reliable VPN app on your Desktop/PC and connect to a US server – We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Now make sure to turn off your location.
- Open your browser and head to https://my.roku.com/index and click on ‘Create account’.
- Provide your credentials and click “Continue”.
- Now select your desired payment option (i.e. Credit Card or PayPal) and click “Continue”.
- The website will ask you to enter a US zip code. You can always search the internet for US zip codes that seem like 43003, 02110, and 90001.
- Congratulations, your US Roku account is now set up.
- Now reset your Roku device and log in with your US Roku account.
- Search for Peacock TV and click on add the channel.
Once you set up a US Roku account and add Peacock TV channel, let’s see how to connect your Roku TV with VPN to watch in Canada.
Setup VPN on Roku in Canada to Watch Peacock TV
Luckily, there are three ways to set up VPN on a Roku device:
- Set up a Virtual Router using your Laptop/PC and connect with Roku – Recommended.
- Setup VPN on your home router and connect with Roku.
- Use Smart DNS to use VPN with Roku. (No longer working with Roku devices).
How to Set Up VPN to Watch Peacock TV on Roku via Virtual Router?
Here’s how to set up a VPN to watch Peacock TV on Roku via virtual router using your Windows PC/Laptop:
- Download the VPN app on your Windows PC/laptop – We used ExpressVPN.
- Now click on the internet connection icon located on the taskbar and then click on “Open Network & Internet Settings”.
- Click on the “Mobile Hotspot” option located on the left side and turn it on.
- Now click on “Status” and then “Change adaptor options”.
- Right click on “ExpressVPN Tap Adaptor” and then click on “Properties”.
- Check the box “Allow other network users to connect through this computer’s internet connection” on the Sharing tab.
- Now select the hotspot connection that you just created from the dropdown menu and click “OK”.
- Your hotspot connection is created.
- Now open the VPN app on your Windows Laptop/PC and connect to the US server.
- Open your Roku device, go to “Network” → “Set up connection” → “Wireless”.
- Now select the Hotspot connection you just created using your Windows device.
- Once your device is connected to the internet, go to Peacock TV channel and start streaming in Canada.
Unfortunately, NordVPN and ExpressVPN no longer offer L2TP & PPTP – IPSec protocol due to weak security that is required to set up a virtual router. You can try PrivateVPN to set up a virtual router on your Mac to watch Peacock TV on Roku in Canada.
Here’s how to set up a VPN to watch Peacock TV on Roku via virtual router using your Mac laptop/PC:
- Download the VPN app on your Mac device – We used PrivateVPN.
- Now head to PrivateVPN website and click on “My Account” located at the top menu.
- Enter your email and password that you used to subscribe for PrivateVPN and then click on “Sign in”.
- Now click on “Manual Config” then select “PPTP & L2TP – IPsec”
- You will see username and password and server locations.
- On your Mac, choose Apple menu > System Settings, then click VPN in the sidebar. (You may need to scroll down.)
- Now click on “Add VPN Configuration” and select “L2TP over IPsec”.
- Enter the following information.
- Display Name: PrivateVPN Virtual Router
- Configuration: Default
- Server Address: return to the PrivateVPN website and copy any US server address and paste it.
- Account Name: copy the username from the PrivateVPN website and paste it.
- User Authentication: copy the password from the PrivateVPN website and paste it.
- Shared Secret: 12345678
- Now click on the “Option” and turn on the box that says “Send all traffic over VPN connection.”
- Click on the “Create” button.
- Now connect to the VPN connection that you just created with your Roku device.
- Sign Up with your US Roku account and watch Peacock TV on Roku in Canada.
How to Set Up VPN on Home Router to Watch Peacock TV on Roku in Canada?
For this whole process, we have used ExpressVPN. If you have an Asus, Linksys, or Netgear, you can use the following guides to install ExpressVPN on your home router to get Peacock TV on Roku:
For Linksys Routers:
For Asus Routers:
For Netgear Routers:
For Manual Router Configuration:
Why Do You Need VPN to Watch Peacock TV on Roku?
Peacock TV is a streaming service that is available only in the United States. If you’re located in Canada, you won’t be able to access Peacock TV due to content licensing and copyright agreements. This is where a VPN comes in handy.
By using a VPN, you can mask your local IP address and change it with a US IP address. This will trick the Peacock TV server into thinking that you’re located in the US, and it will allow you to access the service.
A VPN encrypts your internet connection and tunnels your data through a secure server located in the US. This way, you can unblock Peacock TV and get a secure connection for your traffic, making it possible for you to stream safely while your data is secure as well.
- How to Watch Peacock on Apple TV
- How To Get Peacock TV Free Trial in Canada
- How Much is Peacock Subscription in Canada
How Can I Watch Peacock TV on an Older Device?
Ensure your device is updated to version 11 or higher as some old Roku devices aren’t compatible with Peacock TV.
The streaming video player Roku in models 2400 – 3100 and Roku Stick in models 3420 or above. Similarly, the device compatibility differs if you plan to get Live TV or other add-ons.
Compatible Roku Devices for Peacock TV
Peacock TV is compatible with a wide range of Roku devices. Here is a list of Roku devices that support Peacock TV:
- Roku TV (models: 7000X, C000X, 8000X)
- Roku Streaming Stick (models: 3600X, 3800X)
- Roku Express (models: 3900X, 3930X)
- Roku Express+ (models: 3910X, 3931X)
- Roku Premiere (models: 3920X, 4620X)
- Roku Premiere+ (models: 3921X, 4630X)
- Roku Ultra (models: 4640X, 4660X, 4800X)
- Roku 2 (models: 4210X, 4205X)
- Roku 3 (models: 4230X, 4200X)
- Roku 4 (model: 4400X)
- Roku SE (model: 3930X)
Non-compatible Roku Devices for Peacock TV
Unfortunately, there are some older Roku devices that are not compatible with Peacock TV due to their technical limitations. These devices include the following:
- Roku 2050X, 2100X, 2000C, HD Player, SD Player, XR Player, XD Player
- Roku N1000, N1050, HD, 2000C
- Roku 2500X, 2400X, 3000X, 3050X, 3100X, SE
- Roku LT, 2 HD, 2 XD, 2 XS, 1 HD, 1 XD, 1 XS
If you have one of these older devices, you may not be able to download the Peacock TV app or access the service. It’s recommended that you check the compatibility of your Roku device with Peacock TV before attempting to access the service.
Roku TV Models Support Peacock TV
There are many TV models that support Roku. Here is a list of some popular TV brands that offer Roku as a built-in operating system:
Is Peacock Available On Roku?
Peacock is not officially available on Roku or any other platform. However, you can use ExpressVPN to access Peacock in Canada on your Roku device.
How Can I Get Peacock TV Through Roku?
It’s super simple! To get Peacock TV through Roku, follow these steps:
- Connect your Roku device to your TV and make sure it is connected to the internet.
- Go to the Roku home screen and navigate to the Roku Channel Store.
- Search for “Peacock TV” in the Channel Store.
- Once you have found the Peacock TV app, select it and choose “Add Channel” to download and install the app on your Roku device.
- After the app is installed, launch it and follow the on-screen instructions to sign up or sign in to your Peacock TV account.
Why Is Peacock Not Available On My Roku?
There could be several reasons why Peacock is not available on your Roku device. Here are some possible explanations:
- Incompatible device: Peacock may not be available on older Roku devices or on some Roku TVs. Make sure that your Roku device is compatible with Peacock.
- Software update: If your Roku device is not running the latest software version, Peacock may not be available. Make sure that your Roku is up to date with the latest software.
- Network connection: If your Roku device is not properly connected to the internet, you may not be able to access Peacock. Check your network connection to make sure it is working properly.
- Peacock account: You must have a Peacock account to access Peacock on Roku. If you don’t have a Peacock account, you will need to sign up for one before you can access Peacock on your Roku device.
If none of these explanations seem to apply to your situation, you can try contacting Roku or Peacock customer support for further assistance.
In conclusion, watching Peacock TV Canada on Roku is a straightforward process with a few key steps. By using a VPN service to change your virtual location, creating a US Roku account, and installing the Peacock channel, Canadians can unlock a diverse content library.