Unfortunately, Sonyliv is not available in Canada due to streaming rights. However, you watch Sonyliv from Canada by getting a VPN on your devices.
What is SonyLIV?
SonyLIV is an on-demand streaming service originating from India. With original content from Sony and other local production houses along with foreign movies, or live free streaming of Tokyo Olympics 2020 games and more – there’s something for everyone.
If you don’t wish to subscribe to premium plans, you can watch some of their free content with ads. However, you’re likely to find most of its content locked without a subscription. Unfortunately, all of it is blocked in Canada – unless we unblock it using a VPN!
How to Watch SonyLIV in Canada [4 Easy Steps]
Follow these 4 simple steps to watch SonyLIV in Canada:
- Subscribe and download a VPN – We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app, sign in and
- Connect to the Indian server from list.
- Head to SonyLIV website or app, sign in and start streaming SonyLIV in Canada.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
See how easy it is to watch SonyLIV in Canada. But keep in mind to stream SonyLIV, you need to sign up for it even you are subscribing for a free subscription. Follow these steps to get a SonyLIV subscription in Canada.
How to Get SonyLIV Subscription in Canada?
Here’s how you can subscribe or sign up for SonyLIV in Canada:
- Connect to Indian server using a VPN. We used ExpressVPN.
- Head to SonyLIV and click on “Subscribe.”
- Choose your plan and click “Proceed.”
- Now it will ask you for Indian phone number to register your account.
- Head to “receive-sms.cc” and click on India from the top bar of the website
- Now scroll down and click “RECEIVE SMS ONLINE” on any of the mentioned Indian number.
- Copy the number.
- Now enter the copied number on SonyLIV website. After verifying the number it will ask you for the verification code.
- Now go back to the browser tab from where you copied the Indian number and refresh the page. After refreshing the page scroll down you will see the SonyLIV that has verfication code.
- Enter that verification code on SonyLIV website and click “Continue.“
- Now set your profile and start watching SonyLIV in Canada!
Your weekend binge is just a few steps away. Why not bookmark us while you’re at it so you may come back to it? Next, let’s have a look at some of the best VPNs to watch SonyLIV in Canada with the best performance!
How much is Sony LIV Subscription Cost?
In 2023, Sonyliv subscription available at cost ₹599 per year or (9.77 CAD) per year for mobile only. You can get their LIV Premium subscription at ₹999 yearly or (16.30 CAD).
Here are complete SonyLIV subscription packages:
Best VPNs to Watch SonyLIV in Canada
A good connection is mandatory to have a satisfactory streaming experience. Buffers, disconnections, and interrupting errors due to low bandwidth can completely ruin your experience. Add a VPN on top – it’s mayhem if your VPN doesn’t cater these problems.
We’ve extensively tested some of the ‘best’ VPNs available online today. To our dismay, only a few passed these tests. Here’s a list of our handpicked VPNs for the best performance:
- ExpressVPN – Top Recommendation (Get 49% off on yearly plan)
- NordVPN – Pocket Friendly VPN
- SurfShark– Reliable VPN
Why do we recommend these over any other free or premium VPN? Here’s why:
- Instantly unblock any streaming service from any country in the world – if it fails to do so, what’s the point of a subscription?
- High speeds, reliable connections, and great bandwidth to use for streaming – something not every VPN service ‘promises’ or offers.
- Unblocks all Indian streaming services such as Voot, Zee5, Disney+ Hotstar as well as popular streaming services American Netflix, HBO Max, YouTube TV, ABC, Sling TV, PBS and Hulu in Canada.
- Great privacy and security – by means of strong encryptions, no-logging policies, and more
- Global support as the VPN servers are spread globally – thousands, if we talk in numbers
- Support for major OS and handheld or electronic devices
- Excellent customer support staff to resolve technical and non-technical queries
Did you subscribe to a VPN to watch SonyLIV? If you’ve done so, simply take a look at the application. You’d be amazed as the actual list of features are far more than our list. Next up, let’s have a discussion on why you need a VPN to stream SonyLIV in Canada.
Why is a VPN Needed for SonyLIV in Canada?
With streaming giants like Netflix and Disney+ taking over the world with global support – why can’t we watch SonyLIV in Canada? Licensing and distribution rights can bound a streaming service to a particular region. It’s why they can’t stream even the best of India’s TV serials on Sony to Canada (nasty geo-restrictions!)
VPNs simply help you remove these geographical limitations on streaming services or websites, in general. How do they do so? Your IP address is what gives your location away. Simply spoof the IP address and you’re a step closer to being someone else ‘virtually’.
When you press the ‘connect’ button, you’re establishing a safe connection to the VPN server you picked. Since it’s India this time, the VPN server in India sits in between you and SonyLIV. This is a simplified explanation of how you’re able to unblock SonyLIV in Canada.
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch SonyLIV in Canada?
Now that you know how VPNs work, doesn’t spoofing sound easy? Why pay for it when a free VPN can do it for me?
Free VPNs aren’t being paid to make sure their services are top-notch. Neither are they paid to ensure you’re able to unblock streaming services or connect where you wanted to. You’re most likely going to share the VPN with thousands of people at once – imagine the speeds you’ll encounter.
It is a terrible idea to stream content with a free VPN. Even if you manage to go so far as to unblock a service, the infinite buffers will definitely make you close the tab. Why not prefer an incredibly fast VPN service like ExpressVPN which does as intended?
Where Can I Watch SonyLIV in Canada?
Here is the list of devices where you can watch SonyLIV in Canada:
- Desktop/PC (Windows and Mac)
- Android smartphones, tablets, and smart TVs
- iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- Amazon FireStick/Fire TV
- Smart TV without Android OS (Samsung, Sony Bravia, and LG)
- Google Chromecast
Note: You need a VPN to stream SonyLIV in Canada on all these devices. Follow the mentioned below steps to download and get SonyLIV Canada on your prefered device.
How to Get SonyLIV App in Canada?
How to Get SonyLIV app in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Here’s how to download SonyLIV app in Canada on your iPhone or iPad:
- First, go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select India as your country.
- Once you select India, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a Indian and postal code that you can easily find it on Google.
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to India. Go to App Store and download the SonyLIV app.
- After downloading the SonyLIV, open the VPN app, connect to the Indian server and start watching!
How to Get SonyLIV app in Canada on Android Smartphones, Tablets, and Android TVs?
Follow these steps to download the SonyLIV app in Canada on Android devices:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to Indian server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select India as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the India, you can download the SonyLIV app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get SonyLiv app in Canada on Amazon FireStick/Fire TV?
Here’s how you can download the SonyLIV app in Canada on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to India from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the SonyLIV app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect Indian server.
- Open the SonyLIV app and start watching.
How to Get SonyLiv in Canada on Samsung, Sony, and LG Smart TV (Without Android)?
Getting SonyLIV in Canada on Smart TVs without Android OS is the most complex thing as they do not support VPN app directly.
So, if you want to watch SonyLIV in Canada on one of these devices, you need to set up a VPN on your router first or use Smart DNS, which requires above-average technical knowledge.
Because of all this, we find two ways simple ways to get SonyLIV while residing in Canada.
First, if you are using a smart TV that runs on Android OS, then like your other Android devices you can directly install a VPN app through Play Store and start streaming favorite channels or titles on SonyLIV in Canada.
Second, use Amazon Firestick/Fire TV device as it supports VPN apps directly and gives the same big-screen experience.
What Channels Can I Watch on SonyLIV in Canada?
Here is the list of channels that you can watch on SonyLIV in Canada:
- Sony Television
- Sony SAB
- Sony Marathi
- Sony BBC Earth
- Sony Pal
- Sony Aath
- Sony Yay
- Sony MAX
- Sony MAX 2
- Sony WAH
- Sony PIX
- Sony Six
- Sony Ten 1
- Sony Ten 2
- Sony Ten 3
- Sony Ten 4
What Can I Watch on SonyLIV in Canada?
Whether you’re a sports fan, a lover of mystery-filled TV serials, or someone who loves to lose it at comedies – SonyLIV has it all. The streaming service has hundreds of titles across several genres of Television and Movies. Once you’ve unblocked it with a VPN, you’re all set to explore it on your own.
Though if you’d like our suggestions, here’s a list of some of the best content available on SonyLIV right now:
- Kaun Banega Crorepati by Amitabh Bachan
- World on Fire
- The Kapil Sharma Show
- Crime Patrol
- Maddam Sir
- Meet the Drapers
- Super Dance 3
- A Confession
- For Life
- Carry on Alia
- This Is the End
- Rough Night
- Grown Ups
- Just Go with It
- Django Unchained
- Jumanji I
- Tokyo Olympics 2020
- ATP Masters
- UEFA Champions League
- Serie A
- UEFA Super Cup
Is SonyLIV Available in Canada?
As of 2024, SonyLIV Canada is not available due to geographic restrictions. However, you can get Sony LIV subscription in Canada by using reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
How can I watch SonyLIV in Canada?
Answer: SonyLIV is blocked in Canada due to geoblocking policies and streaming rights. However, you can unblock SonyLIV in Canada with the help of a VPN. All you need to do is connect to the Indian server using a VPN and start watching your favorite movie, TV show, or live sports event like Tokyo Olympics in 2020 on SonyLIV in Canada.
Does SonyLIV work in Canada?
Yes, by obtaining a Indian IP address with the help of a VPN, you can watch SonyLIV in Canada. All you need is to connect to the Indian server using a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN and unblock SonyLIV and stream in Canada.
Is SonyLiv free in Canada?
Yes, you can watch some of the SonyLIV movies and TV shows free including, TMKOC and The Kapil Sharma Show on website and app.
However, the SonyLIV free subscription is add supported and does not offer TV channels, Live Sports, and all the titles that are available on Liv Premium, Special+, Special, and WWE network plans.
And keep in still need to use a VPN to watch SonyLIV free in Canada since it is geo-blocked and only available in India.
How can I watch SonyLIV without subscription in Canada?
You can watch some of the SonyLIV content without subscription in Canada. However, you need to use a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to access SonyLIV free content without registeration in Canada.
Is SonyLIV app safe to use in Canada?
Yes, SonyLIV app is totally safe to use in Canada. But you need a VPN to download and use SonyLIV app due to geo-blocking policies and streaming rights.
Where is SonyLIV available?
SonyLIV is available in India, Pakistan, Kuwait, UAE, Bahrain, Saudi Arabia, and Oman. But with a VPN, you can watch SonyLIV anywhere around the world including in Canada, USA, and others.
Did this guide answer your query on ‘how to watch Sony LIV in Canada?’ We hope it did! Just to summarize it all again – all you need is a good VPN to get started along with a social media account.
We recommend signing up with ExpressVPN because of its ultra-fast servers and mind-blowing unblocking capabilities. Which one will you be choosing? Or have you chosen already? Let us know!