Do you want to enjoy the content of the infamous streaming service on your Smart TV via Chromecast in Canada.? You can watch HBO Max with Google Chromecast and stream Euphoria, The Janes, Godzilla vs. Kong, House of Dragons, etc., on your big screen in Canada with a few simple steps.
HBO Max is a geo-restricted website only available for American residents because of copyright issues.
Therefore, you will have to trespass its content library by spoofing its location trackers to watch all your favorite HBO Max content in Canada.
The only tool that will help you out in accomplishing this goal is a VPN or Virtual Private Network.
It will instantly swap your Canadian region and transform you into an American resident. So if you want to know how to use Chromecast to watch HBO Max in Canada, keep reading our guide!
How to Watch HBO Max With Chromecast on TV in Canada?
To successfully bypass without an issue, you must subscribe to a top-tier VPN like ExpressVPN. Also, since Chromecast does not support VPN software directly, you will have to cast HBO Max by using any device.
Now, let’s go through these steps!
Set Up VPN to Cast HBO Max on Smart TV in Canada
- Subscribe and install an excellent VPN provider; we endorse using ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN application on your computer or mobile device.
- Launch your VPN app and connect to the US server.
- Now, visit your Smart TV App Store and search and download ExpressVPN.
- Sign in by entering all the necessary credentials and connect to the US server.
- Configure Chromecast on the device you are casting and on your Smart TV (ensure to connect all your device on the same wi-fi).
Once connected to the wi-fi and VPN, let’s go through the steps to watch HBO Max with Chromecast using a phone, tablet, iOS or Android device, and computer or laptop.
How to Use iOS and Android Smartphones to Watch HBO Max with Chromecast?
- Install and open the HBO Max application on your desired device.
- Tap that Chromecast icon present within the app.
- Choose the Chromecast device for casting HBO Max and begin streaming.
How to Use an Android Phone or Tablet to Watch HBO Max with Chromecast?
The steps will show you how to do Chromecast setup on your mobile device and how you can cast HBO Max on your TV from your smartphone.
- After connecting the Chromecast device to your TV through HDMI cable and activating your VPN, you will notice a “Welcome Chromecast” with a number on the TV.
- Install Google Home App on your smartphone, sign in with the Google account, and create “Home.”
- Google Home app will display all the devices connected with your same wi-fi.
- Choose the Chromecast number appearing on your screen.
- Now, subscribe and launch the HBO Max app on the preferred device.
- Select your favorite series or movie to stream and press that Google Cast Button.
- Choose your smart TV from the list of connected devices and stream HBO Max in Ultra HD.
How to Use a Laptop or Computer to Watch HBO Max with Chromecast?
- After connecting the Chromecast device to your TV using the same method mentioned earlier, go to your Chrome browser to open HBO Max on your laptop or PC.
- Switch your smart TV to the input channel.
- Choose a series or a movie you wish to cast.
- Tap the cast icon in the Google Chrome extensions toolbar.
- Choose the casting device from the list.
- Your favorite content will appear on the TV for you to stream.
- How to Watch HBO Max on Xbox in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Roku in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on FireTVStick in Canada
- How to Watch HBO Max on Samsung TV in Canada
How is ExpressVPN the Best to Stream HBO Max on Chromecast in Canada?
If you are looking for a reliable and fast proxy, look no further because there’s ExpressVPN.! It is the quickest and most reliable VPN provider with a massive server bank of 3000+ VPN servers in 90+ regions. Its enormous reach will help you trespass any geo-restricted website.
ExpressVPN offers dedicated streaming servers with unlimited bandwidth, allowing you to experience a lag-free and seamless movie night.
The good thing is that the service does not haze with varying internet connections and will provide high-definition and high-quality streaming even at 5mbps.
Furthermore, ExpressVPN tops that list with its top-notch security. It has a strict no-log policy on all the user data and provides military-grade encryption on all the connections.
Moreover, ExpressVPN does not leak any user data or location due to its dedicated kill-switch, DNS, and IP Leaks protections.
ExpressVPN can stellarly handle five simultaneous connections. It is also compatible with various mainstream devices, gaming consoles, browser extensions, etc.
Moreover, this VPN provider gives its new users three months of free subscription on its yearly packages and offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
FAQs – HBO Max on Chromecast
Why is my HBO Max Chromecast not working in Canada?
The issues are as follows:
- Your Chromecast and mobile devices are not connected on the same wi-fi.
- HBO Max servers are down.
- HBO Max needs an update.
- Internet issues or slow internet.
- Cache and cookies require clearance.
- Chromecast devices need an update.
- Rename your unusual Chromecast device’s name.
Why am I having issues connecting Chromecast with other streaming services?
If you are facing issues, you might have slow internet connectivity, or your application needs an update.
The best thing about HBO Max is that it has a built-in cast feature that will connect your laptop or phone to a big screen. However, while living in Canada, you will have to use one extra tool, ExpressVPN, to stream HBO Max without a problem.
The entire setup is pretty straightforward, and sometimes you will face issues like servers are down, no internet connectivity or a few apps require updates. So if you want a quick fix, you can bookmark our guide.
We hope this guide was helpful, and you are now ready to stream your favorite HBO Max content on your big screen!