Is YouTube TV available in Canada? Sadly, YouTube TV is not available in Canada due to streaming rights. However, you can watch YouTube TV in Canada by using premium VPN with American IP adderess on your devices.
- Why YouTube TV is not Available in Canada?
- How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
- How to Get YouTube TV Subscription in Canada
- Criteria to Choose the Best VPN
- Best YouTube TV VPNs to Access in Canada
- How Does a VPN Help to Unblock YouTube TV in Canada?
- Can I Watch YouTube TV in Canada With a Free VPN?
- How Much Does YouTube TV Cost in Canada?
- Where Can I Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
- How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Different Devices?
- What Channels Do You Get with YouTube TV in Canada?
- What are the Best TV Shows and Movies on YouTube TV?
- How do I spoof my location on YouTube TV?
Why YouTube TV is not Available in Canada?
YouTube TV is not accessible outside the US due to content distribution rights. But, by obtaining a US IP address with VPN, streaming YouTube TV in Canada is possible.
What Channels you can watch on Youtube TV in Canada? YouTube TV is one such amazing live TV streaming service – which broadcasts 100+ live channel including TNT, NBC, AMC, Comedy Central, FOX, PBS, MTV, Fox, Comedy Central, CNN, ABC, ESPN, ABC, CNBC, Bravo and others.
Overall this streaming service offers on-demand, live TV, cloud-based DVR services from 90+ most popular American channels.
YouTube TV launched in February 2017 and subsidiary of Google.
This streaming platform is also broadcasting partner of MLB World Series and NBA finals.
However, YouTube TV is costly but it is totally worth it because of the selection of US TV channels it provides for its subscribers including news, sports and entertainment channels.
So, when will Youtube TV available in Canada? There is no announcement from YouTube TV officials to lauch there services in Canada in coming future.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada [Step-by-Step]
Follow these 3 easy steps to get YouTube TV in Canada:
- Download and subscribe for a VPN – We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app, sign in and connect to the American server.
- Open YouTube TV website and pay for subscription.
- Voila! start streaming your favorite channels on YouTube TV in Canada.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
That’s it. Simply follow these steps in order to quickly set up your VPN and get to streaming YouTube live TV.
Remember; if there’s an issue with a server or you can’t connect, simply change it to a different server and check again.
However, if you don’t have a YouTube TV account already in Canada, don’t worry we also sorted out some best ways to get YouTube TV.
How to Get YouTube TV Subscription in Canada (Easy Solutions)
Get a US Paypal
In order to get YouTube TV from Canada, you need to get a valid US Paypal id. You need it to pay for your subscription once your 7-day free trial expires.
There are two ways you can get a US Paypal account. You can ask a friend who is living in the United States or has a US Paypal account to pay for your subscription and you can wire them the money.
Or if you are a DIY (do it yourself) kind of person then follow the steps below:
- First make sure you are using a valid VPN service when you navigate to PayPal. Connect to USA server before registering for PayPal.
- Sign-up with a valid email that you haven’t used for a previous PayPal account. During the sign-up process, put in your credit card number as normal, along with your real street address.
- Next, turn your local postal code into a US zipcode. This isn’t as complicated as it sounds, its pretty simple. If your postal code is L6V2V5, what you need to do is remove all of the letters from it, leaving you with only 625. To get your ZIP Code up to the required five digits, add zeros to the end of it. You should have something that looks like this 62500.
- Paste your fake, yet real ZIP Code into this USPS website link and make sure it really exists. If it comes up as invalid, replace one of the zeros at the end with a 1. In my case, I had to add a 1 to the end of my ZIP Code leaving me with 62501, but you may run into a different situation.
- Lastly, input the US city address found from the USPS link along with your real street address to complete the process.
Create a US Gmail Account
- Go to Gmail.com and select the option to create a new account
- Make sure you choose the United States as the country for your account.
- Validate the email with your phone number
- That’s it — you now have a U.S. email to use with your YouTube TV account.
Sign Up for YouTube TV Using Your US Gmail and PayPal Account
- Connect to the US server using a VPN. We used ExpressVPN.
- Go to YouTube TV
- Sign up or sign in with your previously created US Gmail account
- Select PayPal as your payment option and sign in with your US PayPal account.
- Congratulations, you just get a YouTube TV subscription in Canada.
Criteria to Choose the Best VPN
Now this is the right question to ask; how can you pick one VPN to access YouTube TV in Canada, when there’s a plethora of options available?
Some VPNs would be stronger in their speeds, others in their availability. Some in their security, others in their ability to unblock geo-blocks. But aren’t these a basic necessity in every VPN nowadays? That’s precisely why we picked the best VPN services, which fit the following criteria:
- Unblocks popular streaming platforms like US Netflix, HBO Max, ABC TV, BBC iPlayer, Hulu in Canada.
- High availability and large network, capable of restoring the connection if one fails.
- Ensure security and a no-log policy for the client.
- Support for major operating systems and device types
- Good customer support staff for queries
- Offer a moneyback guarantee
Best YouTube TV VPNs to Access in Canada
So, which VPNs are the ones which can help you watch YouTube TV outside US? Here’s the list:
1. ExpressVPN – Top Recommendation to Get YouTube TV Canada
We recommend ExpressVPN to get YouTube TV in Canada because of its high streaming speeds, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 chat support.
ExpressVPN compatibility to work with a lot of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, Xbox, and Playstation.
This provider offers over 3000 blazing fast servers in 90+ countries and 1000+ fastest servers in the US that reliably unblock YouTube TV.
You can use ExpressVPN to unblock YouTube TV for just CAD 8.76 (USD 6.67) per month with 30-days money-back guarantee!
And the part – ExpressVPN is currently offering 49% off on the annual plan. So grab it now and try it risk-free for 30-days!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
2. NordVPN – Best VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
NordVPN is another great choice if you are looking to unblock YouTube TV in Canada. It offers decent server speeds that reliably unblock YouTube TV.
It offers 5000+ servers in 59 countries and over 1000 servers in the US.
But if you don’t like the service you can opt for a full refund as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and affordable cost.
3. CyberGhost – Great Unblocking Capability
CyberGost is another great choice for streamers all thanks to its strong unblocking capability of geo-blocked streaming services in Canada or anywhere.
This provider offers 7500+ servers in 91 countries that will allow you to watch YouTube TV, Sling TV and DirecTV in Canada.
CyberGhost offers apps for Windows, Android, iOS, Mac, along with speedy 24/7 live chat support.
And besides unblocking popular streaming services, this provider has a great reputation for torrenting.
With CyberGhost you will connect up to 7 devices simultaneously on a single account along with 45-day money-back guarantee.
And if you want save big money, you can go for its CyberGhost 3 year plan that will cost you $2.29/month.
4. PIA (Private Internet Access) – All Rounder VPN
PIA or Private Internet Access being known for its powerful security features but it also improved a lot in the last few months when it comes to unblocking geo-blocked streaming services in Canada.
This provider offers 10,000+ servers in 70+ countries that means you won’t get out of servers ever while watching YouTube TV in Canada.
Other than unblocking YouTube TV in Canada, this provider is also capable of bypassing geo-restrictions of many popular streaming services, including US Netflix, French TV, BBC iPlayer, Rai TV, Showtime, ABC and Telemundo in Canada.
This provider offers apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS and Mac and browser extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, and Opera.
You can connect up to 10 devices simultaneously on a single subscription along with 24/7 live chat and email support.
And if you want to get PIA for a great value of money, you can go for its 3 year plan that will cost you just around $2.03/month.
And like all VPNs in this list, this provider also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee!
How Does a VPN Help to Unblock YouTube TV in Canada?
All technicalities aside; the idea behind a VPN is nothing short of exceptional. In order to watch YouTube TV from Canada, you need a change of IP address.
Using a VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, you can easily show the server you’re in the US while you’re in Canada.
When you hit the connect button on your VPN application, you’re simply requesting the server to connect to YouTube for you.
The VPN then sends the data back and forth between you and YouTube, and you’re in sync.
That’s a general simplification of how a VPN can help you watch content on YouTube TV in Canada.
Can I Watch YouTube TV in Canada With a Free VPN?
Unfortunately – no. Free VPNs are a big no to whatever you’d like to do. No assurances on storage of private data, leaks, ill security implementations, pop-ups, and what not.
Not to mention – YouTube is active in blacklisting free VPN servers from free VPN providers.
It’s easy for YouTube to detect as there are hundreds and thousands of users on the same VPN software. All you’re left with is a premium VPN service provider – like Nord and Express.
Now that you’re clear on how to watch YouTube TV in Canada – let’s shift to ‘what’ to watch on YouTube.
Unless you’re a TV show addict like ourselves, you must already have a list with you. If not, read ahead!
How Much Does YouTube TV Cost in Canada?
As of 2023, YouTube TV in Canada is available at costs US $50.99 or (CAD 70.45) /mo for 3 months, then $72.99/month with 10-Day free Trial. This base plan includes 100+ channels of live TV sports, entertainment, news, and more.
You can create up to six accounts, three simultaneous screens and record without any storage limitations.
And you can also get more add-ons like HBO Max, Showtime, Amazon Prime, Cinemax, Curiosity Stream, Hallmark Movies Now, Starz, YouTube TV Sports Plus, Fox Soccer Plus, NFL Red Zone and more by paying an additional amount.
Where Can I Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV is compatible with almost every streaming device. Here is the list of streaming devices where you can watch YouTube TV in Canada through its official website and apps:
- Desktop/PC (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Android (smartphones and tablets)
- Android TV
- iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- Amazon Firestick & Fire TV
- Apple TV
- PlayStation (PS4 & PS5)
- Xbox (One and Series X)
- Samsung Smart TV
Note: To watch YouTube TV in Canada on any of these devices, you will need a VPN and connect to the US server.
Otherwise, it won’t let you stream YouTube TV because of content geo-restriction policies and streaming rights issues.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Different Devices?
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Android Devices?
To get YouTube TV in Canada on your Android device (smartphone/tablet/smart TV), you need to change your Google Play Store location from Canada to the USA. Here’s how you can watch YouTube TV on Android.
- Download and sign up for a VPN on your Android device if you don’t have it already.
- Now launch the VPN app and connect to the US server.
- Open the Google Play Store and tap on the hamburger menu and go to Account.
- Now select the switch your region or country and set it to the US.
- Once your region changed to the U.S., search for the YouTube TV app and download it.
- Open the YouTube TV app, sign in and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Like Android, you also need to change your App Store region to the USA to get YouTube TV in Canada. Here’s how you can watch YouTube TV on iPhone and iPad:
- First, go to “Settings” on your iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United States as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the YouTube TV app.
- After downloading the YouTube TV app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
To get YouTube TV in Canada on Firestick or Fire TV, you need to change your change your region from Canada to the USA. Here is how you can watch YouTube TV on Amazon Firestick or Fire TV device:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to the USA from Canada.
- Connect your Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the YouTube TV app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Open the YouTube TV app, sign in and start watching.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, & Samsung Smart TV?
Getting YouTube TV in Canada on devices like Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation & Samsung Smart TV is a bit difficult since they do not support VPN app directly.
So, if you want to stream YouTube TV on any of these streaming devices, there are two ways to access it; either set up a Smart DNS on one of these devices or directly set up it on your home router and select the USA as your location. And this is what we don’t recommend to our users especially those who don’t know much about smart DNS and VPN configuration on home routers.
Because of all this, we find two ways simple ways to get YouTube TV on the big screen while living in Canada.
First, you can use Google Chromecast to cast on big screen and watch YouTube TV in Canada.
Second, we would suggest you going for an Amazon Firestick device to watch YouTube TV on the big screen as it supports VPN apps directly.
What Channels Do You Get with YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube offers 100+ live TV Channels, with YouTube TV, you can watch live and local TV in English and Spanish across sports, news, shows and movies from channels including CBS, ABC, ESPN, FOX, NBC, AMC, TNT, Freeform, NFL Network and more.
- ESPN 2
- ESPN News
- ESPN U
- BET Her
- FOX, Fox News, (FS1) (FS2)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- CNBC World
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Cozi TV
- Disney Channel, Disney XD and Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV, MTV 2 and Classic
- MyNetwork TV
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- BBC America
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- Nat Geo Wild
- NBC Golf Channel
- NBC Universo and Sports
- Sundance TV
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week.
For full YouTube TV Canada Channels list click here.
One other thing before we head out; you can also watch YouTube TV on your handheld device like an Android or iOS phone, iPads, smart TVs, media players, and so much more!
What are the Best TV Shows and Movies on YouTube TV?
YouTube TV offers one of the most amazing channels for its subscribers.
With over 90+ channels, it is pretty hard to list down TV shows and movies you can watch on YouTube TV.
But since this US TV streaming service offers channels for every kind of content such as entertainment, news, and sports, it won’t be difficult for you to find your favorite content to binge on.
If you are the one who loves to watch news, with YouTube TV you will get access to all the local and international channels including FOX, CNBC, NBC, ABC, MSNBC, and others.
And for sports lovers can stream their favorite sports soccer, basketball, baseball, UFC, golf, etc. on ESPN, ESPN 2, NBC Sports, CBS Sports, MLB Network, NFL Network, NBA TV, NBC Golf Channel, and others.
Also to watch shows American Idol, Masterchef, Young Rock Grammy, James Bond movies, Oscar, and live events, YouTube TV offers variety of channels, including Paramount Network, VH1, Nickelodeon, Comedy Central, ABC, NBC, BET, BET Her, TV Land, CMT, MTV, MTV Classic, MTV 2, Nick Jr., NickToons, and Teen Nick.
For history, lifestyle, and animal lovers, YouTube TV offers Animal Planet, Nat Geo, Nat Geo Wild, Food Network, SyFy, Investigation Discovery and others.
You can watch on-demand TV shows, movies, and originals that are available on the channels offered by YouTube TV.
How do I spoof my location on YouTube TV?
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is the best tool to spoof your location to access YouTube TV outside the USA.
All you need to do is connect to the USA server through a VPN. After the connection is established, your local IP address will be replaced with a US IP address.
After that when you try to access YouTube TV from abroad such as Canada, the TV streaming service thinks that you are somewhere in the USA based on your American IP address and allows you to access the content.
With VPN, you can also change your local IP within the USA to get more channels on YouTube TV. For this search for the server, you want to connect such as New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles, or others while living in other locations and access additional channels on YouTube TV.
Is YouTube TV available in Canada?
As of yet, YouTube TV is only available in the US due to streaming rights. But you can still watch YouTube TV in Canada by using ExpressVPN with American IP address on your devices.
Do I need to pay extra for add-ons with YouTube TV?
Yes, you need to pay extra if you want to add on additional channels that do not come with YouTube TV’s basic channels lineup.
Can you get YouTube TV in Canada?
Since the TV streaming service is geo-restricted and only available in the USA, you need to use reliable VPN to access YouTube TV Canada.
Is Youtube TV coming to Canada?
As of 2023, Youtube TV has no plan to launch its services outside US. There is no hope for Youtube TV coming to Canada in future.
Is YouTube TV free with Amazon Prime?
No, YouTube TV is not free with Amazon Prime. YouTube TV is an American TV streaming service and you can’t get it with any other streaming services such as Amazon Prime, Netflix, Crave, HBO Max, Hulu, and others.
Is there a monthly free for YouTube TV?
Yes, YouTube TV is USD $62.99/month that offers access to over 100+ live channels, including ABC, TNT, CNBC, CNN, FOX, ESPN, Bravo and much more.
Does ExpressVPN work with YouTube TV?
Yes, ExpressVPN works flawlessly with YouTube TV so you can access the streaming services from anywhere outside the USA.
So, a sweet and simple answer to “can I watch YouTube TV in Canada” would be – Yes! It’s all possible with the might of a VPN which can easily help you virtually be in the States and enjoy all streaming platforms.
ExpressVPN is our go-to VPN service and it won’t let you down anytime soon! Enjoy streaming TV!