Are you searching for ways to watch YouTube TV in Canada? You’ve come to the right page – this is where we’ll show you how to watch YouTube TV in Canada with a VPN. We’ve also listed some of the most effective VPNs against most streaming platforms – so read ahead.
Jump Straight To: How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada (Unblocking Steps)
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is one such amazing platform – which broadcasts some of the best networks on their platform including TNT, AMC, Comedy Central, FOX, PBS, MTV, Fox, Comedy Central, CNN, ABC, and others.
No recorder fees, HD-quality fees, rental boxes, cancellation, extra shows, or anything.
Though YouTube TV also geo-restricts its content, which can leave you hanging when it comes to your favorite show on a US-based network.
But the good news is now you can access YouTube TV with the help of a VPN.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada – Unblocking Steps
Follow the steps to watch YouTube TV in Canada with a VPN:
- Download and subscribe for a VPN – We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app, sign in and connect to the US server.
- Head to the YouTube TV website or app, sign in and start streaming in Canada.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
That’s it. Simply follow these steps in order to quickly set up your VPN and get to streaming YouTube TV.
Remember; if there’s an issue with a server or you can’t connect, simply change it to a different server and your VPN connection should work fine again.
However, if you don’t have a YouTube TV account already in Canada, don’t worry we also sorted out some best ways to get YouTube TV in Canada.
How to Get YouTube TV Subscription in Canada
Get a US Paypal
In order to get YouTube TV in Canada, you need to get a valid US Paypal id. You need it to pay for your subscription once your 7-day free trial expires.
There are two ways you can get a US Paypal account. You can ask a friend who is living in the United States or has a US Paypal account to pay for your subscription and you can wire them the money.
Or if you are a DIY (do it yourself) kind of person then follow the steps below:
- First make sure you are using a valid VPN service when you navigate to PayPal. Connect to USA server before registering for PayPal.
- Sign-up with a valid email that you haven’t used for a previous PayPal account. During the sign-up process, put in your credit card number as normal, along with your real street address.
- Next, turn your local postal code into a US zipcode. This isn’t as complicated as it sounds, its pretty simple. If your postal code is L6V2V5, what you need to do is remove all of the letters from it, leaving you with only 625. To get your ZIP Code up to the required five digits, add zeros to the end of it. You should have something that looks like this 62500.
- Paste your fake, yet real ZIP Code into this USPS website link and make sure it really exists. If it comes up as invalid, replace one of the zeros at the end with a 1. In my case, I had to add a 1 to the end of my ZIP Code leaving me with 62501, but you may run into a different situation.
- Lastly, input the US city address found from the USPS link along with your real street address to complete the process.
Create a US Gmail Account
- Go to Gmail.com and select the option to create a new account
- Make sure you choose the United States as the country for your account.
- Validate the email with your phone number
- That’s it — you now have a U.S. email to use with your YouTube TV account.
Sign Up for YouTube TV Using Your US Gmail and PayPal Account
- Connect to the US server using a VPN. We used ExpressVPN.
- Go to YouTube TV
- Sign up or sign in with your previously created US Gmail account
- Select PayPal as your payment option and sign in with your US PayPal account.
- Congratulations, you just get a YouTube TV subscription in Canada.
Criteria to Choose the Best VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
Now this is the right question to ask; how can you pick one VPN to access YouTube TV in Canada, when there’s a plethora of options available?
Some VPNs would be stronger in their speeds, others in their availability. Some in their security, others in their ability to unblock geo-blocks. But aren’t these a basic necessity in every VPN nowadays? That’s precisely why we picked the best VPN services, which fit the following criteria:
- Unblocks popular streaming platforms like American Netflix, HBO Max, ABC TV, Sling TV, BBC iPlayer, Hulu in Canada or anywhere.
- High availability and large network, capable of restoring the connection if one fails.
- Ensure security and a no-log policy for the client.
- Support for major operating systems and device types
- Good customer support staff for queries
- Offer a moneyback guarantee
Best Youtube TV VPNs to Access in Canada
So, which VPNs are the ones which can help you watch YouTube TV in Canada? Here’s the list:
Top Recommendation – ExpressVPN
We recommend ExpressVPN for Youtube TV because of its high streaming speeds, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 chat support, and compatibility to work with a lot of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, Xbox, and Playstation.
This provider offers over 3000 blazing fast servers in 90+ countries and 500+ fastest servers in the US that reliably unblock YouTube TV in HD without any buffering issues.
You can use ExpressVPN to unblock YouTube TV for just CAD 8.76 (USD 6.67) per month with 30-days money-back guarantee!
Exclusive Offer: Save 49% off now | Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Pocket-Friendly Option – NordVPN
NordVPN is another great choice if you are looking to unblock YouTube TV in Canada. It offers decent server speeds that reliably unblock YouTube TV.
It offers 5000+ servers in 59 countries and over 1000 servers in the US.
But if you don’t like the service you can opt for a full refund as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and affordable cost.
Reliable VPN – PrivateVPN
Though PrivateVPN is the latest entry but when it comes to access YouTube TV in Canada, this provider is noteworthy.
The most notable thing about this provider is that it offers pre-configured apps where you need to select a streaming service you want to access instead of servers.
How Does a VPN Help to Unblock YouTube TV in Canada?
All technicalities aside; the idea behind a VPN is nothing short of exceptional. In order to watch YouTube TV in Canada, you need a change of IP address.
Using a VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, you can easily show the server you’re in the US while you’re in Canada.
When you hit the connect button on your VPN application, you’re simply requesting the server to connect to YouTube for you.
The VPN then sends the data back and forth between you and YouTube, and you’re in sync.
That’s a general simplification of how a VPN can help you watch content on YouTube TV in Canada.
Can I Watch YouTube TV in Canada With a Free VPN?
Unfortunately – no. Free VPNs are a big no to whatever you’d like to do. No assurances on storage of private data, leaks, ill security implementations, pop-ups, and what not.
Not to mention – YouTube is active in blacklisting free VPN servers from free VPN providers.
It’s easy for YouTube to detect as there are hundreds and thousands of users on the same VPN software. All you’re left with is a premium VPN service provider – like Nord and Express.
Now that you’re clear on how to watch YouTube TV in Canada – let’s shift to ‘what’ to watch on YouTube.
Unless you’re a TV show addict like ourselves, you must already have a list with you. If not, read ahead!
How much does YouTube TV cost in Canada?
YouTube TV offers only one plan that costs $64.99 USD or $80 CAD per month with a seven-day free trial.
The plan includes access to 85+ channels of live sports, entertainment, news, and more. You can create up to six accounts, three simultaneous screens and record without any storage limitations.
And you can also add more entertainment and sports channels like HBO Max, Cinemax, Curiosity Stream, Hallmark Movies Now, Starz, YouTube TV Sports Plus, Fox Soccer Plus, NFL Red Zone and more by paying an additional amount.
Where Can I Watch YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV is compatible with almost every streaming device. Here is the list of streaming devices where you can watch YouTube TV Canada through its official website and apps:
- Desktop/PC (Windows, Mac, Linux)
- Android (smartphones and tablets)
- Android TV
- iOS (iPhone/iPad)
- Amazon Firestick & Fire TV
- Apple TV
- PlayStation (PS4 & PS5)
- Xbox (One and Series X)
- Samsung Smart TV
Note: To watch YouTube TV in Canada on any of these devices, you will need a VPN and connect to the US server.
Otherwise, it won’t let you stream YouTube TV in Canada because of content geo-restriction policies and streaming rights issues.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Different Devices?
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Android Devices?
To get YouTube TV in Canada on your Android device (smartphone/tablet/smart TV), you need to change your Google Play Store location from Canada to the USA. Here’s how you can watch YouTube TV in Canada on Android.
- Download and sign up for a VPN on your Android device if you don’t have it already.
- Now launch the VPN app and connect to the US server.
- Open the Google Play Store and tap on the hamburger menu and go to Account.
- Now select the switch your region or country and set it to the US.
- Once your region changed to the U.S., search for the YouTube TV app and download it.
- Open the YouTube TV app, sign in and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Like Android, you also need to change your App Store region to the USA to get YouTube TV in Canada. Here’s how you can watch YouTube TV in Canada on iPhone and iPad:
- First, go to “Settings” on your iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United States as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the YouTube TV app.
- After downloading the YouTube TV app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
To get YouTube TV in Canada on Amazon Firestick or Fire TV, you need to change your change your region from Canada to the USA. Here is how you can watch YouTube TV in Canada on Amazon Firestick or Fire TV device:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to the USA from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the YouTube TV app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Open the YouTube TV app, sign in and start watching.
How to Get YouTube TV in Canada on Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation, & Samsung Smart TV?
Getting YouTube TV in Canada on devices like Apple TV, Roku, Xbox, PlayStation & Samsung Smart TV is a bit difficult since they do not support VPN app directly.
So, if you want to stream YouTube TV on any of these streaming devices, there are two ways to access it; either set up a Smart DNS on one of these devices or directly set up it on your home router and select the USA as your location. And this is what we don’t recommend to our users especially those who don’t know much about smart DNS and VPN configuration on home routers.
Because of all this, we find two ways simple ways to get YouTube TV on the big screen while living in Canada.
First, you can use Google Chromecast to cast on big screen and watch YouTube TV in Canada.
Second, we would suggest you going for an Amazon Firestick device to watch YouTube TV on the big screen as it supports VPN apps directly.
What Channels Can I Watch on YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV features over 73+ channels on its platform right now. This is for their basic subscription which can be bumped to a total of 81 channels with a little increase in cost.
But that’s all. We’ve researched into favorite TV channels in Canada, and prepared a list of what to watch on YouTube TV in Canada:
- ESPN 2
- ESPN News
- ESPN U
- BET Her
- FOX News
- FOX Sport 1 (FS1)
- FOX Sport 2 (FS2)
- Fox Business
- Comedy Central
- CNBC World
- Con TV
- Comet TV
- Court TV
- Cozi TV
- Disney Channel
- Disney XD
- Disney Junior
- NFL Network
- Law & Crime
- MTV 2
- MTV Classic
- MyNetwork TV
- Animal Planet
- Food Network
- Cheddar News
- Cartoon Network/Adult Swim
- BBC America
- BBC World News
- Paramount Network
- Investigation Discovery
- Nat Geo
- Nat Geo Wild
- NBC Golf Channel
- NBC Universo
- NBC Sports
- Sundance TV
- NBA TV
- MLB Game of the Week
For full list of channels click here.
One other thing before we head out; you can also watch YouTube TV on your handheld device like an Android or iOS phone, iPads, smart TVs, media players, and so much more!
FAQS – YouTube TV Canada
Is YouTube TV available in Canada?
No, YouTube TV is only available in the USA due to streaming rights and content distribution policies. But you can still access YouTube TV in Canada by obtaining an American IP address using one of the recommended VPNs mentioned above.
Can you get YouTube TV in Canada?
Yes, you can get YouTube TV in Canada by obtaining a US IP address since the TV streaming service is geo-restricted and only available in the US. All you need to do is download and subscribe for a reliable VPN service like ExpressVPN, connect to the USA server, open the YouTube TV website or app, sign in, and start streaming in Canada.
How do I spoof my location on YouTube TV?
A VPN or Virtual Private Network is the best tool to spoof your location to access YouTube TV outside the USA. All you need to do is connect to the USA server through a VPN. After connection is established, your local IP address will be replace with US IP address. After that when you try to access YouTube TV from abroad such as Canada, the TV streaming service thinks that you are somewhere in the USA based on your American IP address and allows you to access the content.
With VPN, you can also change your local IP within the USA to get more channels on YouTube TV. For this search for the server you want to connect such as New York, New Jersey, Los Angeles or others while living in other location and access additional channels on YouTube TV.
So, a sweet and simple answer to “can I watch YouTube TV in Canada” would be – Yes! It’s all possible with the might of a VPN which can easily help you virtually be in the States and enjoy all streaming platforms.
ExpressVPN is our go-to VPN service and it won’t let you down anytime soon! Enjoy streaming TV!
Access YouTube TV in Canada
You can easily access YouTube TV in Canada. All you have to do and get a VPN.
Please be advised if you buy from this link we will get a small commission with no extra cost to you.