Are you searching for ways to watch YouTube TV in Canada? You’ve come to the right page – this is where we’ll show you how to watch YouTube TV in Canada with a VPN. We’ve also listed some of the most effective VPNs against most streaming platforms – so read ahead.
In order to watch YouTube TV in Canada you will need to do the following:
- Buy a VPN to mask your IP to a USA IP.
- Get a US Paypal account.
- Create a US Gmail account to register for your YouTube TV subscription.
What is YouTube TV?
YouTube TV is one such amazing platform – which broadcasts some of the best networks on their platform including PBS, MTV, and others.
No recorder fees, HD-quality fees, rental boxes, cancellation, extra shows or anything. Though YouTube TV also geo-restricts its content, which can leave you hanging when it comes to your favorite show on a US-based network. But the good news is now you can access YouTube TV with the help of a VPN.
How to Watch YouTube TV in Canada via VPN
Buy a VPN (Virtual Private Network) to Mask Your IP
Follow the steps to watch YouTube TV in Canada with a VPN.
- Subscribe to ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN application on your device and Log in.
- Scroll the list of servers and Select US server.
- Once selected, click “Connect” to establish a connection.
- Head to YouTube TV to login with your credentials and stream in Canada.
That’s it. Simply follow these steps in order to quickly setup your VPN and get to streaming. Remember; if there’s an issue with a server or you can’t connect, simply change it to a different server and your VPN connection should work fine again.
Get a US Paypal
In order to get YouTube TV in Canada you need to get a valid US Paypal id. You need it to pay for your subscription once your 7 day free trial expires.
There are two ways you can get a US Paypal account. You can ask a friend who is living in the United States or has a US Paypal account to pay for your subscription and you can wire them the money.
Or if you are a DIY (do it yourself) kind of person then follow the steps below:
- First make sure you are using a valid VPN service when you navigate to PayPal. Connect to USA server before registering for PayPal.
- Sign-up with a valid email that you haven’t used for a previous PayPal account. During the sign-up process, put in your credit card number as normal, along with your real street address.
- Next, turn your local postal code into a US zipcode. This isn’t as complicated as it sounds, its pretty simple. If your postal code is L6V2V5, what you need to do is remove all of the letters from it, leaving you with only 625. To get your ZIP Code up to the required five digits, add zeros to the end of it. You should have something that looks like this 62500.
- Paste your fake, yet real ZIP Code into this USPS website link and make sure it really exists. If it comes up as invalid, replace one of the zeros at the end with a 1. In my case, I had to add a 1 to the end of my ZIP Code leaving me with 62501, but you may run into a different situation.
- Lastly, input the US city address found from USPS link along with your real street address to complete the process.
Create a US Gmail Account
- Go to Gmail.com and select the option to create a new account
- Make sure you choose the United States as the country for your account.
- Validate the email with your phone number
- That’s it — you now have a U.S. email to use with your YouTube TV account.
Now that you have completed all the necessary tasks, its time to log in to YouTube TV.
- Go to YouTube TV
- Sign up or sign in with your previously created US Gmail account
- Select PayPal as your payment option and sign in with your US PayPal account
- You will get an email from Google that you were charged $1 and then refunded. So make sure that you have at least 1 USD.
- Enjoy YouTube TV in Canada.
Criteria to Choose the Best VPN to Watch YouTube TV in Canada
Now this is the right question to ask; how can you pick one VPN to access YouTube TV in Canada, when there’s a plethora of options available?
Some VPNs would be stronger in their speeds, others in their availability. Some in their security, others in their ability to unblock geo-blocks. But aren’t these a basic necessity in every VPN nowadays? That’s precisely why we picked the best VPN services, which fit the following criteria:
- Unblocks popular streaming platforms like American Netflix, HBO Max, ABC TV, Sling TV, BBC iPlayer, Hulu in Canada or anywhere.
- High availability and large network, capable of restoring the connection if one fails.
- Ensure security and a no-log policy for the client.
- Support for major operating systems and device types
- Good customer support staff for queries
- Offer a moneyback guarantee
Best Youtube TV VPNs to Access in Canada
So, which VPNs are the ones which can help you watch YouTube TV in Canada? Here’s the list:
We recommend ExpressVPN for Youtube TV because of its high streaming speeds, unlimited bandwidth, 24/7 chat support, and compatibility to work with a lot of devices such as Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, Firestick, Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV, Xbox, and Playstation.
This provider offers over 3000 blazing fast servers in 90+ countries and 500+ fastest servers in the US that reliably unblock YouTube TV in HD without any buffering issues.
You can use ExpressVPN to unblock YouTube TV for just CAD 8.76 (USD 6.67) per month with 30-days money-back guarantee!
2. NordVPN – Affordable with Free Trial
NordVPN is another great choice if you are looking to unblock YouTube TV in Canada. It offers decent server speeds that reliably unblock YouTube TV. It offers 5000+ servers in 59 countries and over 1000 servers in the US.
But if you don’t like the service you can opt for a full refund as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee and affordable cost.
Though PrivateVPN is the latest entry but when it comes to access YouTube TV in Canada, this provider is noteworthy.
The most notable thing about this provider is that it offers pre-configured apps where you need to select a streaming service you want to access instead of servers.
How Does a VPN Help to Unblock YouTube TV in Canada?
All technicalities aside; the idea behind a VPN is nothing short of exceptional. In order to watch YouTube TV in Canada, you need a change of IP address.
Using a VPN, short for Virtual Private Network, you can easily show the server you’re in the US while you’re in Canada.
When you hit the connect button on your VPN application, you’re simply requesting the server to connect to YouTube for you.
The VPN then sends the data back and forth between you and YouTube, and you’re in sync.
That’s a general simplification of how a VPN can help you watch content on YouTube TV in Canada.
Can I Watch YouTube TV in Canada With a Free VPN?
Unfortunately – no. Free VPNs are a big no to whatever you’d like to do. No assurances on storage of private data, leaks, ill security implementations, pop-ups, and what not.
Not to mention – YouTube is active in blacklisting free VPN servers from free VPN providers.
It’s easy for YouTube to detect as there are hundreds and thousands of users on the same VPN software. All you’re left with is a premium VPN service provider – like Nord and Express.
Now that you’re clear on how to watch YouTube TV in Canada – let’s shift to ‘what’ to watch on YouTube.
Unless you’re a TV show addict like ourselves, you must already have a list with you. If not, read ahead!
What Can I Watch on YouTube TV in Canada?
YouTube TV features over 73+ channels on its platform right now. This is for their basic subscription which can be bumped to a total of 81 channels with a little increase in cost.
But that’s all. We’ve researched into favorite TV channels in Canada, and prepared a list of what to watch on YouTube TV in Canada:
And so much more as these are just the top 10 channels available to stream on YouTube.
One other thing before we head out; you can also watch YouTube TV on your handheld device like an Android or iOS phone, iPads, smart TVs, media players, and so much more!
So, a sweet and simple answer to “can I watch YouTube TV in Canada” would be – Yes! It’s all possible with the might of a VPN which can easily help you virtually be in the States and enjoy all streaming platforms.
ExpressVPN is our go-to VPN service and it won’t let you down anytime soon! Enjoy streaming TV!
Access YouTube TV in Canada
You can easily access YouTube TV in Canada. All you have to do and get a VPN.
Please be advised if you buy from this link we will get a small commission with no extra cost to you.