Wondering how to watch ESPN+ in Canada? Officially, ESPN Plus is not available in Canada. However you can stream ESPN in Canada with a premium VPN.
If you don’t have ESPN+ subscription just follow our steps to sign up and use ExpressVPN to stream ESPN plus in Canada.
So without any further delay let’s dive in:
- How to Watch ESPN+ in Canada [4 Easy Steps]
- How to Sign Up for ESPN Plus Account in Canada?
- Best VPNs to Stream ESPN Plus Canada
- ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get ESPN+ in Canada
- CyberGhost – Great Unblocking Capability to Stream ESPN Plus in Canada
- PIA (Private Internet Access) – All Rounder VPN to Unblock ESPN+ in Canada
- NordVPN – Affordable VPN to Watch ESPN+ Canada
- PrivateVPN – Reliable VPN to Stream ESPN+
- Does ESPN+ Work With VPN?
- Can I Watch ESPN+ Canada with a Free VPN?
- What’s Difference Between ESPN and ESPN+?
- How Much Does ESPN Plus Cost in Canada?
- How to Get ESPN+ in Canada on Different Devices?
- Which Sports Can I Watch on ESPN Plus?
- What’s not included with ESPN Plus?
ESPN+ is a sports streaming service where you can watch live games of UFC 271, NBA, NHL, UFC (including main events), replays of NBA memorable games.
Why ESPN is not Available in Canada?
As of 2022, ESPN is not available in Canada due to content distribution policies and streaming copyrights. However, by obtaining a US IP address thanks to a VPN, you can stream ESPN Plus in Canada.
Want to know how? Just follow the mentioned below steps and start streaming ESPN+ in Canada right now!
How to Watch ESPN Plus in Canada [4 Easy Steps]
Here are 5 easy steps to watch ESPN Plus in Canada:
- Subscribe to a VPN. We recommend going with ExpressVPN.
- Install the VPN app and login on the device.
- Now Connect a US-based server from list.
- Once done, start streaming your favorite sports in the ESPN+ tab within the ESPN app or espn.com.
30-days money-back guarantee
That’s it! VPNs make it so easy to take the technicalities away, and give you unrestricted access to watch anything, anywhere.
However, make sure before following the steps mentioned above, you already have an ESPN+ subscription.
If you don’t have an ESPN+ account already, follow these simple steps to sign up for ESPN+ in Canada.
How to Sign Up for ESPN Plus Account in Canada?
Here is how to get ESPN Plus in Canada:
- First open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Now head to “https://plus.espn.com/buy-now” and click on the “Sign Up” button.
- Now for the subscription provide your payment method such as credit card, or PayPal and then click “Buy ESPN+” option.
- Once the process is complete, you will see the success page.
- Now click on “Get Started” and start streaming ESPN Plus in Canada.
You can also watch ESPN+ if you already have online TV services such as YouTube TV, Sling TV, Fubo TV (US version), or TVision.
However, you still need a VPN to access ESPN+ on any of these services as they are also geo-blocked in Canada because of streaming rights and content distribution policies.
Best VPNs to Stream ESPN Plus Canada
There’s no consensus on which VPN service is the best to watch ESPN in Canada.
But there are a few great ones that are guaranteed to give you access to ESPN+, unlike free ones.
We’ve tested them, and here are 3 best VPNs for you to start streaming ESPN+ Canada:
ExpressVPN – Best VPN to Get ESPN+ in Canada
ExpressVPN tops our list of best VPN to watch ESPN+ in Canada, thanks to its outstanding unblocking capabilities, lightning-fast servers, and super handy apps.
This provider offers 3000+ fastest servers in 94 countries and 1000+ servers in the US.
We tested ExpressVPN 50 US servers to unblock ESPN Plus in Edmonton, Canada.
95% of them work with ESPN+ and allows us to watch the live game without any buffering issues.
ExpressVPN offers dedicated apps for Windows, Mac, iPhone/iPad, Android, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV.
And you can also set up this VPN with your Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV without Android OS, PlayStation, and Xbox since they do not support native VPN apps.
With ExpressVPN, you can connect up to five devices simultaneously on a single account.
And there is 100% no risk to use ExpressVPN as it offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Exclusive Offer: Save 49% Now! 30-day money-back guarantee.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
CyberGhost – Great Unblocking Capability to Stream ESPN Plus in Canada
With a strong capability of unblocking geo-blocked streaming services in Canada or abroad, CyberGhost is our second best VPN on our list.
This provider has a huge network of servers consisting of 7000+ servers in 90+ countries.
We find this provider’s performance close to flawless while watching ESPN Plus in Edmonton, Canada.
CyberGhost offers simple to use apps for Mac, Windows, Android, and iOS that let you stream your favorite geo-blocked content in Canada or anywhere around the globe.
You can connect up to seven devices at the same time on a single account and its 24/7 prompt chat support won’t let you miss your favorite TV shows and movies that are geo-blocked in Canada.
Also, this provider also allows torrenting and offers a 45-day money-back guarantee.
CyberGhost not only lets you access your favorite geo-blocked content in Canada but also provides strong online privacy through its outstanding encryption and features.
And if you want to save big money, you can go for its CyberGhost 3 year plan that will cost you $2.29/month.
Offers 45-day money-back guarantee!
PIA (Private Internet Access) – All Rounder VPN to Unblock ESPN+ in Canada
PIA or Private Internet Access is known for its powerful security features but it also improved a lot in the last few months when it comes to unblocking geo-blocked streaming services in Canada.
This provider offers 10,000+ servers in 70+ countries which means you won’t get out of servers ever while watching ESPN Plus in Canada.
Other than unblocking ESPN+ in Canada, this provider is also capable of bypassing geo-restrictions of many popular streaming services, Kayo Sports, DAZN outside Canada, HBO Max Canada, YouTube TV Canada, CW, BBC iPlayer Canada, Paramount Plus Canada, Sling TV, Romanian TV Canada, and Philo TV in Canada.
This provider offers apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and Mac and browser extensions for Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
You can connect up to 10 devices simultaneously on a single subscription along with 24/7 live chat and email support.
And like all VPNs in this list, this provider also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
NordVPN – Affordable VPN to Watch ESPN+ Canada
NordVPN is another great pocket-friendly choice to stream ESPN Plus in Canada.
This provider offers 5000+ servers in 59 countries, including 1500+ servers in the USA.
We tested NordVPN’s 50 American servers to stream ESPN+ in Edmonton, Canada.
78% of them successfully allow us to watch live games on ESPN Plus. However, initially, we experienced slow speed and buffering issues but after changing the server, all these issues were resolved.
NordVPN has apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV. And it also offers smart DNS and router set up so you can stream ESPN Plus on devices that do not support the native VPN app.
NordVPN offers six simultaneous connections on a single subscription and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
PrivateVPN – Reliable VPN to Stream ESPN+
PrivateVPN is a reliable choice to stream US geo-blocked streaming services in Canada.
Though this provider has a very small network consisting of 200+ servers in 60 countries, but it works well when it comes to unblocking ESPN+.
We tested all of its available US servers to stream ESPN Plus in Edmonton, Canada.
75% of them successfully bypass ESPN Plus geo-location screen and allow us to watch live games without any video lags or buffering issues.
This provider offers dedicated apps for iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, and Amazon Fire TV/FireStick.
With PrivateVPN you can connect up to six devices simultaneously and also offers a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
Now, what’s so special about these VPN services? Apart from the successful uplifting of geo-restrictions, you’re in for plenty of benefits with a subscription.
Although they are too many to list, we’ve compiled a short yet concise list to show you why these VPNs are some of ‘the’ best to date:
- Swift connections with ultra-fast speeds to connect anywhere in the world
- Unblock popular streaming services such as Sky Sports, HBO Max, Sling TV, Youtube TV, American Netflix, Amazon Prime, BBC iPlayer, Hulu and much more.
- Thousands of servers spread across the world for quick and easy access
- Security is top-priority is neither your data nor your logs are stored at the VPN server
- All communication is encrypted and no one can read it!
- Support for all device types and OS’s to set up the VPN service
- Helpful customer support staff, which is available 24/7 for global support
- Money-back guarantee in case you face an issue that couldn’t be resolved
This list isn’t inclusive at all – and there’s so much we couldn’t cover here. We’ve shown you how to get access to ESPN+ along with a few best VPNs as well – give it a try!
Does ESPN+ Work With VPN?
Though we’ve given tidbits away in our discussions before, it’s still a valid question – how do we watch ESPN+ in Canada with a VPN?
Since ESPN+ is judging your location by your IP address – a VPN simply exists to change this.
When you hit the connect button, a session establishes between the US server and you, and another from the server to ESPN+.
This is how your IP address is masked (you’re now the VPN server) and ESPN+ lets’ you in because whatever you do is passed off to ESPN+ as if the VPN server is doing that.
Although this is a non-technical definition of what a VPN is – this is how a VPN practically works on the back-end.
Masking is what’s often missing in free VPNs as well, which gives you away. Our tested VPN services.
You won’t ever face any issue with the server failing to show you the modified IP address.
Can I Watch ESPN+ Canada with a Free VPN?
You might be wondering: Why should I spend a single buck when free VPNs exist?
True – they do. But can you really watch ESPN+ in Canada with free VPNs? Let’s have a look!
Unfortunately, no. There’s a 9/10 chance you won’t get a free VPN which grants you access to ESPN+ Canada.
Why is that? Free VPN servers have no incentive to make sure their masking works (it’s how a VPN works and we’ll get to that) and simply helps you visit ESPN+.
Now think of hundreds or thousands of people doing this at once. Suddenly, there are so many people trying to watch ESPN+ from the “US” with the same IP – something is wrong here.
ESPN+ strikes the ‘banhammer’ and poof, the VPN server won’t be allowed access ever again.
Premium VPN service providers have hundreds of servers in the same region to quickly distribute the load.
Not to mention, new servers keep spawning every now and then to avoid this issue with websites.
Free VPN services? Well, they won’t have enough funds to spawn servers again and again.
That brings us to our next point – how do they generate an income? Selling your data is one!
There’s no privacy at hand here, and your data is going back and forth unencrypted. This should be enough proof – you need to steer clear of free VPNs!
What’s Difference Between ESPN and ESPN+?
ESPN+ is a VOD (Video on Demand) online service launched by ESPN and owned by Walt Disney that works without a cable TV and online TV subscription.
It is an online streaming platform where you can watch selected live, originals, documentaries, and video-on-demand content offered by ESPN.
With ESPN+, you can also access what was available previously on ESPN Insider.
ESPN, on the other hand, requires a cable TV subscription. Or you can watch ESPN by subscribing to American TV streaming services such as Sling TV, Fubo TV, Hulu Live, YouTube TV, Vidgo, AT&T TV, and TVision.
This means you can’t watch ESPN in Canada if you don’t have a subscription to the above-mentioned TV streaming services.
Also, you need a VPN to stream ESPN on any of these TV streaming services since they are geo-blocked in Canada.
How Much ESPN Plus Cost in Canada?
As of 2022, ESPN+ Canada available at cost $9.99 or (13.15 CAD) per month. You can watch all your favorite sports on ESPN Plus by connecting VPN on your devices.
If you are a Canadian ex-pat and living in the USA, you can also sign up for the Disney bundle package that includes ESPN Plus, Disney Plus and Hulu.
The starting price of the Disney bundle is $13.99 (USD) or $17.5 (CAD) and goes up to $78.99 (USD) or $99 (CAD) a month.
You can watch ESPN+ through the ESPN app or ESPN’s official website.
How to use ESPN+ in Canada on Different Devices?
Next up – how to watch ESPN+ in Canada on Apple TV or perhaps your smartphone? How to get ESPN+ app in Canada? Let’s answer that!
Once you’ve set up your VPN and everything, you can watch ESPN Plus in Canada on the following devices in the ESPN+ tab within the ESPN app or espn.com:
- Windows and Linux desktops or laptops
- iPhone and iPads
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick and Fire TV
How to Get ESPN+ in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Here’s how to get ESPN+ in Canada on iPhone or iPad:
- First, go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United States as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the ESPN Plus app.
- After downloading the ESPN app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start streaming in Canada!
How to Get ESPN+ in Canada on Android?
Follow these steps to get ESPN Plus in Canada on Android devices:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the USA server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the USA as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the USA, you can download the ESPN app and start streaming in Canada.
How to get ESPN+ in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV?
Here’s how to get ESPN Plus in Canada on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to the USA from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the ESPN app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Open the ESPN app, select ESPN Plus content start watching.
How to Watch ESPN+ in Canada on Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV and Gaming Consoles?
To get ESPN+ on devices like Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV without Android OS, PS4, PS5, Xbox One, and Xbox X series, you need to first set up a VPN on your router first.
Watching ESPN+ on these devices in Canada is the most complicated thing to do.
This is why we suggest rather than setting up a VPN on your router, use Firestick or Chromecast to watch ESPN+ in Canada on big screens.
Which Sports Can I Watch on ESPN Plus?
Tired of watching Ice Hockey? ESPN+ has dozens of great sports shows and content that you can now stream from Canada. Here’s a small list of content that you can find on ESPN+:
- NFL (Live)
- MLB (Live)
- MLS (Live)
- UFC including main events (PPV)
- PGA Golf
- College Football
- NFL Insiders
- Full replays of NBA historic games
You can also watch originals like “NFL Primetime”, in-depth recap and analysis by Peyton Manning and Daniel Cormier, and documentaries like “30 for 30” and much more.
What’s not included with ESPN Plus?
As we already told you that ESPN+ is a stand-alone video-on-demand service separate from ESPN, ESPNNews, and ESPN2.
This is why you can’t watch all the live matches and games on ESPN+ that are broadcasting on other ESPN services such as live games during Monday Night Football and Sunday Night Baseball.
That said, MLB games are still available to be streamed.
Also new sports documentaries like “The Last Dance” are not included at the time of release.
But shows like these will be added at later date on ESPN+, according to ESPN officials.
Is ESPN+ Available in Canada?
No, As of 2022, ESPN+ is not available in Canada. However, if you have an ESPN Plus subscription and traveling to Canada you can access it with a VPN.
How can I watch ESPN Plus outside US?
As of 2022, if you living outside the US you can’t watch ESPN+ due to content distribution policies and streaming rights. But by connecting to a US server using a VPN you can watch ESPN from your country.
Can I Watch 30 for 30 Sports Documentaries on ESPN+ in Canada?
Yes, you can watch all the “30 for 30” series on ESPN+ in Canada with the help of a VPN. All you need to do is connect to the US server using a VPN and start streaming “30 for 30” series as well as 100+ other sports documentaries on ESPN Plus in Canada.
Why is ESPN not available in Canada?
Due to streaming rights and content licensing policies both ESPN channels and ESPN+ are not available in Canada. However, you can still access ESPN channels and ESPN+ in Canada by using a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN.
How can I Watch ESPN Plus in Canada for free?
Here is how to watch ESPN in Canada for free:
- Connect to the US server using a VPN – We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Now visit USTV GO website and click on ESPN and start streaming in Canada!
Note: You need a VPN to access USTV GO website since it is geo-blocked and only available in the USA.
How can I stream ESPN in Canada without cable TV?
You can stream ESPN in Canada without a cable TV subscription by subscribing to following online streaming TV services:
- YouTube TV.
- Sling TV.
- Fubo TV.
- AT&T TV.
- Hulu and Disney+ Bundle.
That’s it on our article on how to use ESPN app. VPN like ExpressVPN is the best VPN that provide fast access, support for all devices, and whatnot. All you need is a valid subscription and you should be able to watch ESPN+ Canada or whichever streaming service you want!