Looking for a way to watch Hulu in Canada in 2021? Even though you can watch some of the Hulu titles through Disney+ newly launched category “Star” in Canada but there is no word on when Hulu will be available outside the USA. This means if you want to watch Hulu’s complete content catalog, including shows like “The Handmaid’s Tale,” “Castle Rock,” “Normal People,” “PEN 15” and others, you still need Hulu access in Canada. In this article, we will discuss how you can sign up and watch Hulu and Hulu + Live TV in Canada with the help of a VPN. So without any further delay let’s dive in.
- How to Watch Hulu in Canada in 2021 (Easy Steps)
- How to Get Hulu’s Subscription in Canada via Non-US Payment Method
- Things to Consider Before Choosing the Best VPN to Watch Hulu
- Best VPNs to Watch Hulu Canada
- 1. ExpressVPN (Recommended for Hulu Canada)
- 2. NordVPN – Is Hulu in Canada Available with Nord?
- 3. Surfshark – How to Get Hulu in Canada with Surfshark
- 4. PrivateVPN – Does Hulu work in Canada with VPN?
- What is Hulu and Why it is not available in Canada in 2021?
- On What Devices Can I Watch Hulu in Canada?
- How to Get Hulu in Canada on Different Devices
- Best Hulu Originals TV Shows and Movies
- What’s New on Hulu in June 2021
How to Watch Hulu in Canada in 2021 (Easy Steps)
In order to access Hulu Canada in 2021 you need to do the following:
- Get a VPN.
- Get a Hulu subscription.
First, lets’ talk about how to get a VPN to watch Hulu in Canada.
- Download and sign up for a VPN. I highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app and sign in.
- Now connect to the USA server from the list.
- Head to the Hulu website or app, sign-in to your account, and start watching!
And you’re done! Wasn’t that easy?
But you still need a Hulu subscription before you can enjoy their shows online. For a non US resident, getting a Hulu subscription can be a little tricky. You can either ask a friend or a relative who lives in the US to buy the subscription for you.
Or you can follow the steps mentioned in the following section to get your own Hulu subscription.
How to Get Hulu’s Subscription in Canada via Non-US Payment Method
In this section we will talk about how to get a Hulu subscription without using the foreign payment method.
Getting Hulu subscription outside of USA is a little trickey, you need a US payment method like American Express or US PayPal account. But if you don’t have any of these options, you can try the following:
- Create a virtual prepaid card through Satescard.com to get a Hulu subscription in Canada. First, head to Satescard.com and click on the orange sign-up box.
- Enter your email address and set up a password and click on the purple sign-up box.
- You will receive a verification link in your inbox. Click on that link to verify your account.
- Provide your driver license, National ID or passport from your country to confirm your identity.
- Load funds with your credit card or PayPal account.
- Start using your StatesCard to get a Hulu account in Canada.
- Use a VPN to create a US PayPal account. All you need to do is connect to a US server and signup for Paypal.
- Use your Canadian credit card for the US PayPal account. Just make sure that your credit card isn’t linked to another PayPal account.
- For the zip code, remove the letters from your Canadian zip code and add two “zeroes” at the end. For e.g. if your zip code is A2B 3C4, remove the letters and add the zeroes. It should look like this, 23400.
- For the address, Google the zip code and copy any residential you can find.
- Buy a Hulu gift card from ebay.com.
- You will get a code in the email, use that to signup for Hulu’s subscription.
- Make sure that you’ve connected your VPN before you signup. Your virtual location should be of USA, otherwise your signup process will fail!
Please note that we are not responsible for any issues you have with purchasing a gift card from eBay. As always, use caution when dealing with sellers. Be sure that they’ve had many successful sales and good reviews before you buy.
Ask your American friend or family member to get a Hulu subscription.
Things to Consider Before Choosing the Best VPN to Watch Hulu
Speed, speed, and more speed. Is that all that makes a VPN great for streaming geo-blocked content? Well – there’s a little more to it. Here’s how you can choose the best Hulu VPN to watch in Canada:
- Large number of servers for streaming geo-block content in the desired country.
- Strong security and usage of encryption.
- Ability to establish more than one connection at the same time.
- Connect to several devices simultaneously.
- And of course, fast speeds!
- Leave off hackers, ISPs, and advertisers behind.
Best VPNs to Watch Hulu Canada
If you’ve finally decided to switch to a VPN to watch Hulu – it’s time to choose a VPN that is best in 2021. Unfortunately, not all of them are the best for bypassing Hulu’s restrictions. Here’s our list of some of the best VPN services you can subscribe to right away:
1. ExpressVPN (Recommended for Hulu Canada)
ExpressVPN is the best VPN – known for its high-speed performance and MediaStreamer feature to unblock geo-blocked VODs like Hulu and American Netflix.
It offers the fastest US servers in 20+ locations to access your favorite American streaming services in Canada. With ExpressVPN, almost in the blink of an eye. you can unlock any US-based streaming service in Canada or anywhere abroad.
You can access Hulu or any of your favorite geo-blocked content on Windows, Mac, iOS, Android, and Firestick through ExpressVPN apps and browser extensions.
2. NordVPN – Is Hulu in Canada Available with Nord?
NordVPN is a good choice to get and watch Hulu in Canada in 2021. With its 1800+ servers in the USA, you can access Hulu and other popular streaming like Youtube TV.
This provider offers SmartPlay that robustly unblocks geo-restricted streaming content such as Hulu without any buffering lag.
And there is no restriction on which device you can use this VPN to access your favorite TV shows and movies as it supports Windows, Mac, Linux, Apple TV, Android, iOS, Roku, and Firestick.
3. Surfshark – How to Get Hulu in Canada with Surfshark
Surfshark is another reputable pocket-friendly VPN that reliably unblocks Hulu and HBO.
It offers large number of US servers in multiple locations that are speedy enough to get Hulu in Canada.
4. PrivateVPN – Does Hulu work in Canada with VPN?
Despite offering multiple servers in different countries, this provider offers servers depending which streaming service you want to access.
Why do we recommend these four? They don’t just get the job done, i.e. get you unrestricted access to Hulu – they’re the ‘best’ at it.
With the provision of hundreds of servers across the United States and blazing fast speeds, you wouldn’t notice using a VPN at all.
Pair it with the ability to establish multiple connections, use it with multiple devices, and a money-back guarantee – it’s a win-win situation!
Can I Use a Free VPN to Watch Hulu in Canada in 2021?
VPNs can be a bit costly but if there’s one path you shouldn’t go through – it’s accessing Hulu through a free VPN. Fortunately – we’ve got more than just claims to say why this is a bad approach. Here’s why you shouldn’t prefer a free VPN for a quick geo-block bypass:
- Most of these free servers are actually blacklisted by Hulu.
- They don’t use encryption at all! this means your online activity is at risk while using free VPN service.
- To run a VPN service, it requires the huge amount of money. And these free VPNs raise money by selling your data to online advertising companies and surveillance agencies.
- A limited number of servers – which makes these VPN services super slow
- The chances of being infected are quite high as these free VPN providers don’t ensure what’s coming your way – a valid packet of data or a malware.
What is Hulu and Why it is not available in Canada in 2021?
Hulu is one of the most popular live and video-on-demand service. It offers hundreds of TV series, movies, anime, documentaries, and originals with and without commercials.
You can enjoy one of the most top-rated originals like The Handmaid’s Tale, Castle Rock, Ramy, Shrill, and more on Hulu.
However, unlike Netflix and Disney+, you can’t access Hulu outside of the USA because of content copyrights and geo-restriction policies. So if you or someone who lives in Canada or are traveling there, you won’t be able to access Hulu.
And there is no words from the company yet about when they will expand their services outside of the USA like in Canada and other parts of the world.
Whenever someone tries to access Hulu in Canada, instead of getting the screen full of content suggestions, the following geo-location error appears on their screen.
“Hulu isn’t available to watch in your location.”
Luckily there is a way to bypass this geo-block by using a VPN (virtual private network). A VPN will help you change your virtual location to that of the United States. This will allow you to access Hulu because its servers will think you are accessing from USA. I will discuss more on this below.
On What Devices Can I Watch Hulu in Canada?
Here is the list of devices on which you can watch Hulu:
- Android phones and tablets
- Android TV
- Apple TV (4th generation or later)
- Echo Show
- Fire Tablets
- Fire TV and Fire TV Stick
- iPhones and iPads
- LG TV (with WebOS)
- Nintendo Switch
- Mac and PC browsers/apps
- PlayStation 3*
- PlayStation 4
- Roku and Roku Stick
- Samsung TV (with TizenOS)
- VIZIO SmartCast TVs
- Xbox 360
- Xbox One
How to Get Hulu in Canada on Different Devices
The most effortless way to get Hulu in Canada is on your Windows or MacOS devices. All you need to connect to the US server through a VPN, go to Hulu website on your Google Chrome, Safari, or Mozilla browsers and viola!
However, if you are looking to get the Hulu app on your other devices such as iOS, Android, Smart TV, Roku, and Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, you can get it by following these steps:
How to Get Hulu on iPhone/iPad in Canada
For iOS devices, to get Hulu in Canada, you need to change your Apple App Store location to the USA to download the app.
Here is how you can change your iPhone/iPad App Store location.
- First go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for the verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select United States as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In address section, you need to provide USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is change to USA. Go to App Store and download the Hulu app.
- After downloading the Hulu app, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to Get Hulu on Android in Canada
Here is how you can get Hulu in Canada on Android devices:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the USA server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the USA as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the USA, you can download the Hulu app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get Hulu on My TV in Canada
Getting Hulu on TV is the most complex one if your smart TV does not run on Android OS. This is because many big brands TV models run on their own TV OS such as Samsung TizenOS, LG WebOS and etc. that does not support VPN app directly.
So, if your smart TV OS does not support VPN directly and you want to get Hulu in Canada, you need to set up a VPN on your router first, which we don’t recommend to our users because not every router is compatible with VPN.
Because of all this, we find two ways simple ways to get Hulu on TV while residing in Canada. First, if you are using a smart TV that runs on Android OS, then like your other Android devices you can directly install a VPN app through Play Store and start streaming your favorite Hulu on your TV.
Second, if you are using a Smart TV that does not run on Android OS, we would suggest you going for Amazon Firestick device as it supports VPN apps directly.
After getting a Amazon Firestick device, all you need to connect to the VPN’s US server and change your Amazon account region to the USA. Here is how you can do it:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to the USA from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the Hulu app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Open the Hulu app and start watching.
Best Hulu Originals TV Shows and Movies
Here is the list of best Hulu TV shows and movies, including originals that you must watch in Canada:
Best Hulu TV Shows to Watch in Canada
- Normal People
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Castle Rock
- Veronica Mars
- Killing Eve
- The Great
- The Terror
- PEN 15
- In the Flesh
- Fresh Off the Boat
- Rick and Morty
- Future Man
- Arrested Development
Best Hulu Movies to Watch in Canada
- Sorry to Bother You
- The Truman Show
- Gone Girl
- The Nice Guys
- That Thing You Do!
- Missing Link
- The Interview
- John Wick Chapter 3
- Waiting To Exhale
- The Nightingale
- Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
- Palm Springs
- The Painter and the Theif
- I, Tonya
- Minding the Gap
What’s New on Hulu in June 2021
From America’s Got Talent (Season 16) to “Dark Knight”, here is the list of top upcoming TV shows and movies on Hulu in June 2021:
- American Ninja Warrior: Season 13 Premiere
- The Adventures of Tintin (2011)
- Batman Begins
- The Dark Knight
- America’s Got Talent: Season 16 Premiere
- MasterChef: Season 11 Premier
- The Croods: A New Age
- Love, Victor: Season 2 Premiere
- DAVE: Season 2 Premiere
- False Positive
- Hansel & Gretel: Witch Hunters (2013)
For for list of upcoming Hulu TV shows and movies, check out this website.
Can I watch Hulu in Canada?
Answer: Yes, you can watch Hulu in Canada with a help of a VPN and using a gift card to signup for Hulu’s subscription.
- Download a VPN for Hulu. We recommend ExpressVPN as it has 100% success rate and comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
- Launch the VPN app and sign in.
- Connect to the USA server from list.
- Visit the Hulu website or app, sign in, and start streaming.
Can you get Hulu in Canada?
Yes, you can use the following ways to get Hulu in Canada:
- The easiest way is to ask your American friend or family member if they are comfortable sharing their Hulu account. And in return, you can share your Canadian streaming services account, such as DAZN, with them.
- Unfortunately, if none of your American friends doesn’t have a Hulu account, then you can ask them if you can use their debit/credit card to get a Hulu account. Or if they can purchase a Hulu account for you.
- In the worst case if you don’t have any relative or friend who lives in the US, then you can try to get Hulu account using prepaid cards. There are many services that offer US-based prepaid card services through which you can get the Hulu subscription.
- You can also use a virtual card for a Hulu subscription. Though the chances of success are very low but sometimes it works.
Is Hulu available in Canada?
Answer: Hulu in Canada, just like other US-based VOD (Video on Demand) services, is not available in 2021 because of content rights policies. With the help of our tested VPN services, you can access Hulu in Canada by tricking the streaming service into thinking that you are in the USA instead of Canada.
How much is a Hulu subscription in Canada?
Hulu offers four plans for its subscribers:
- Hulu (with Ads): This is the most basic plan that starts as low as USD 5.99 (CAD 7.5) a month or USD 59.99 (CAD 75) a year.
- Hulu (no Ads): This plan offers the same hours of content, similar to the basic plan. It will cost you USD 11.99 (CAD 15) a month. The only difference is you can watch all your favorite content without any ads compared to Hulu basic plan.
- Hulu + Live TV (with Ads): This plan includes all the available content on a standard subscription plus live TV with ads that will cost you USD 64.99 (CAD 82) a month.
- Hulu + Live TV (no Ads): This plan costs USD 70.99 (CAD 90) a month. This plan offers all the content that is available with Hulu + Live TV with no ads.
Can you not watch Hulu in Canada?
Like HBO Max, you cannot watch Hulu in Canada because of content distribution licensing and copyrights policies. Though Hulu is only available in the USA, by obtaining a US IP address, you can access Hulu in Canada that can be easily done using one of our recommended VPNs.
Once you connected to the US server via VPN, you can trick Hulu into thinking that you are in the USA instead of Canada. Since services like Hulu use an IP detecting tool to know the user location, it will show Hulu that you are accessing their content from the USA and thus allowing you to access the content.
Is Hulu worth paying for?
If you love to watch TV shows more than movies or running out of content to stream on Netflix and Amazon Prime Video, then Hulu is an excellent choice for you. Best of all, you can get a 30-day free trial by signing up for Hulu for the first time.
Besides video-on-demand content, Hulu also offers a Live TV plan where you can watch all your favorite live sports, breaking news, award shows, primetime dramas, daytime soaps, local teams, and weather forecasts that make it a great choice for cord-cutters.
Other than that, Hulu lets you choose if you want to see ads or not while streaming by offering different subscription packages. Also, you can upgrade or downgrade your Hulu subscription anytime you want.
What does the 5.99 Hulu plan include?
Hulu’s $5.99 (CAD 7.5) basic plan includes the entire content library. However, while streaming your favorite content, you will have to watch ads. And if you want to get rid of these ads, you can subscribe to Hulu with no ads subscription that will cost you $11.99 (CAD 15) a month.
How can I get Hulu for free?
If you never sign up for Hulu before, you can get Hulu 30-day free trial at the time of subscribing and cancel the subscription before the trial period ends. The Hulu free trial offer is available on both Hulu with ads plan and Hulu with no ads plan.
Which is better, Sling or Hulu?
Hulu is a better choice overall as you need to pay for additional amount to get channels on Sling TV. However, it totally depends on what type of content you want to watch before making a decision which video service is best for you.
Based on our research, Hulu + Live TV is a greater option than Sling TV because its channels line up, user-friendly apps, and original on-demand content. The only advantage Sling TV has over Hulu is its low pricing. But unlike Hulu, Sling TV users need to pay for channel ad-ons separately other than the basic amount.
Which is better, Hulu or Netflix?
Well it depends on what type of content you are looking to watch. For streamers who want to watch video-on-demand content such as TV shows, documentaries, and movies, Netflix will be a better choice for them as it offers 5500+ titles, that is the largest and more than double compared to what Hulu offers under its on-demand section.
On the other side, for users who love to watch on-demand content along with living streaming of games, news, awards, and much more, then Hulu is a better choice for them compared to Netflix.
How can I watch Hulu without VPN in Canada?
You can’t watch Hulu in Canada without a VPN because it is the only reliable way to unblock it outside the USA. Other methods like the Smart DNS tool are not worth it as they don’t offer an optimized server for streaming geo-blocked video services, and they are way complicated to set up on your device compared to VPNs.
Is Hulu coming to Canada with Disney+?
Disney+ has announced the “Star” category available for Disney+ subscribers who live in Canada, New Zealand, certain European countries starting from 23rd February 2021. This new category will be available as the sixth brand title in the app and on the website, offering shows and movies from the 20th century and FX. The main reason for launching Star is to offer Hulu content to its international users. However, content produced by different channels exclusively for Hulu will not be available on Disney+ through the Star brand.
How many channels do you get with Hulu?
With Hulu + Live TV subscription you will get the access to more than 65 channels, including ABC, Animal Planet, Bloomberg, CBS, Cartoon Network, CNN, ESPN, ESPN2, FOX, FX, HLN, National Geographic, Telemundo and others.
Are VPN legal in Canada?
Using a VPN is 100% legal in Canada. You can use VPN in Canada for multiple purposes, such as improve your online privacy, hide your internet activities, stop your Internet Service Provider (ISP) from throttling your bandwidth, or streaming your favorite geo-restricted content.
Why does my Hulu say I’m not home?
The most obvious reason of getting error message stating “I’m not at Home” is because you are using a house device that is connected other internet connection and not with the internet that is set as home.
And since Hulu + Live TV plans offers single-home use, in order to get rid of this error, you need to connect to your Home network to access Hulu. Other possibilities to get this error include:
- Connecting to a mobile network
- Using a shared Wi-Fi network (dorm, office, etc.)
- Switching your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
- Changing your IP address
Can I use my Hulu account in multiple locations?
If you are using Hulu (with ads) or Hulu (without ads) plans, you can use your Hulu account on multiple locations as the service offers two simultaneous connections on a single account.
However, if you are using Hulu + Live TV plan, you can’t use your account on multiple locations as Live TV plan is intended for single-home use.
There you have it! Now you know how to get Hulu in Canada in 2021.
I hope that this guide helped you by-passing the geo-block that prevents Canadians from access Hulu.
If you are having trouble with any of the steps then do let us know in the comments below. We will get back to you.