Is Sling TV available in Canada? Sling TV is officially unavailable in Canada. However, you can get Sling TV Canada app on your devices by using VPN (ExpressVPN).
Sling TV is only available within the boundaries of the USA and even Americans can’t stream the service if they are traveling abroad because of streaming rights and content distribution policies.
But there is a hack to watch Sling TV in Canada, we’ll tell you exactly how to do that with the help of a VPN.
The “cord-cutting” trend is at its all-time high. Internet-based live TV services like Sling TV are what keep the spirits of television alive. f
Let’s take a look at what is Sling TV and then we will discuss how you can watch Sling TV in Canada.
What is Sling TV Canada?
Live TV has been losing its value for two main reasons – the hikes in prices and the hassles of dealing with providers.
It’s what the “cord-cutting” movement is all about. Cut the prices, increase the channel count, and the users should have control. This is what Sling TV is!
Sling TV is aimed towards all such people who wish to cut the cords and move to a much more flexible setting.
Their packages start from $20 per month, with hundreds of live TV channels; the likes of which include ESPN+ in Canada, Disney, TBS, TNT, ABC live and so many more. And you can also watch America’s Got Talent on NBC, NFL Network, On Patrol: Live on Reelz and Masterchef USA on FOX via Sling TV.
But there is a bummer! Sling TV isn’t available outside the United States right now.
If you have a live TV subscription yourself, their packages are going to sound extremely enticing.
That only makes us wonder; when will Sling in Canada be available? Although that might take some more time, there’s an easier way to watch Sling TV in Canada right now – using a VPN!
How to Watch Sling TV in Canada – 3 Easy Steps
Follow the simple steps to watch Sling TV in Canada:
- Subscribe and download a VPN – We highly recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app, sign in, and connect to the US server.
- Head to Sling TV, sign in and start streaming in Canada.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
This is how easy it is to watch Sling TV. However, keep in mind that Sling TV is not free service and you need to sign up for it otherwise it won’t allow you to stream the content even with the VPN.
We already sorted out how to sign up for Sling TV in Canada if you don’t have US payment method.
Follow the mentioned below methods to subscribe for Sling TV in Canada:
How to Get Sling TV Canada without US Payment Method
Though to sign up for Sling TV in Canada, you need American payment methods, but after doing extensive research, we found some ways that you can use to for sign up without using the US payment method.
Here’s is how you can get Sling TV in Canada without US payment method:
1. Use Sling TV Gift Card (Recommended)
- Head to mygiftsupply.com and purchase a Sling TV gift card.
- You will receive a Sling TV gift card in your email. note that code.
- Connect to the US server using a VPN – We used ExpressVPN
- Now head to the Sling TV website, and select your plan.
- Provide all the required information and redeem your gift card to subscribe.
2. Use PayPal Gift Card
By purchasing PayPal gift card, you can use it to get Sling TV subscription in Canada by redeeming on their website.
- First, purchase a PayPal gift card. Once you get a gift card, the code will directly be sent to your email.
- Connect to the US server using a VPN – We used ExpressVPN.
- Head to the Sling TV website and use your PayPal gift card code to get a subscription in Canada.
3. Use US Virtual Prepaid Credit Card
If you don’t have a PayPal account, you can use US virtual prepaid card to sign up for Sling TV subscription in Canada.
- First go to the StatesPay website on your preferred device and click on the “Sign Up” option.
- Now provide all the details to create US virtual prepaid card.
- Once the account is created, you can transfer the fund by using any of your Visa and master debit or credit card.
- Connect to the USA server via VPN.
- Visit Sling TV website and sign up for it via your StatesPay US virtual prepaid card.
2023 has seen the rise in so many VPN service providers. But which one’s the best to watch Sling TV Canada? Why should you trust our choice? Let’s talk about that next!
How to Get Sling TV Free Trial
Sling TV is available with free trial for its new users. Grab this offer and watch your favorite shows until its gone.
Follow the simple steps get Sling TV Free Trial in Canada on your devices:
- Subscribe and Download a VPN (ExpressVPN).
- Open VPN app and connect to US Server from list.
- Go to Sling TV Free Trial page here.
- Enter your email and password to create your account.
- That’ it, you’re subscribed to Sling Free account. Start watching now!
Best VPNs to Watch Sling TV Canada
Just a quick Google search will leave you confused; there are over a hundred different VPN service providers.
Which one do you go with? You can either trial and test them yourself, which is quite expensive, or you can trust our word.
Fortunately, we’ve tested the best VPNs to watch Sling TV in Canada. Here’s a list of the best VPNs for Sling TV:
1. ExpressVPN – Recommended VPN to Watch Sling TV Canada
ExpressVPN is our top recommendation to unblock Sling TV in Canada, thanks to its blazing fast servers, exceptional unblocking capabilities, and easy-to-use apps.
This provider has a huge network of 3000+ fastest servers in 90+ countries, including 1000+ US servers available in New Jersey, Washington DC, and New York.
With ExpressVPN, you can watch Sling TV on your Windows, Mac, Linux, Android, iOS, Amazon FireStick/Fire TV devices through its app and browser extension.
Even you can set up this provider MediaStreamer (Smart DNS) or directly set up it on your home router to access Sling TV in Canada on Roku, Apple TV, Smart TV (without Android), PlayStation, and Xbox since these devices do not support VPN native apps.
With this provider, you can connect up to five devices simultaneously on a single account.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
2. NordVPN – Affordable VPN
If you are looking for an affordable VPN to watch Sling TV in Canada, NordVPN could be a great choice for you.
This pocket-friendly service offers 5000+ servers in 60 countries, including 1500+ servers in the USA.
NordVPN offers dedicated apps for Windows, Mac, Android, iOS, and Amazon FireStick/Fire TV.
This means you can watch all your favorite titles on Sling TV in Canada on these devices with NordVPN.
Besides unblocking Sling TV, this provider can also unblock Discovery Plus USA, Netflix UK, Hulu Canada, IMDb TV, YouTube TV Canada, Showtime, American Paramount Plus, Disney+ Hotstar, and Peacock TV in Canada.
With NordVPN you can use six devices simultaneously on a single subscription.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
3. CyberGhost – Great Unblocking Capability
To get a good balance VPN service for both unblocking your favorite streaming services and protecting your privacy, CyberGhost might be the right choice for you.
When you want to use a VPN to watch Sling TV in Canada or anywhere else, this provider is our second favorite.
CyberGhost has more than 7000 servers spread across 90 countries and over 150+ locations.
This provider has apps for Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac that are very easy to use along with strong unblocking features.
With Cyberghost you can connect up to 7 devices simultaneously on a single account and it offers the longest 45-day money-back guarantee.
Offers 45-day money-back guarantee!
4. PIA (Private Internet Access) – All Rounder VPN
In addition to its strong security measures, PIA aka Private Internet Access, has made significant progress in recent months in unblocking geo-restricted streaming services in Canada or anywhere.
With 10,000+ servers in 70 countries, you’ll never run out of bandwidth while streaming Sling TV in Canada.
With this service, you can also access famous streaming services like American Netflix and Hulu in Canada as well as American Amazon Prime and the US version of Disney Plus in Canada, all of which are geo-restricted.
It has apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and Mac, as well as browser extensions for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
With a single subscription, you’ll have access to live chat and email support around the clock, and you can connect up to ten devices at once.
There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee on this VPN service, too, just like all the others on this list.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
5. PrivateVPN – Reliable VPN
When it comes to watching Sling TV in Canada, PrivateVPN is the most reliable option available right now.
Though this provider offers a small network of servers consisting of only 200+ servers in 60 countries, but it can unblock American streaming services in Canada without any hassle and buffering issues.
PrivateVPN offers apps for Windows, Mac, Amazon FireStick/Fire TV, Android, and iOS.
With this provider, you can connect up to six devices at a time.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
So, what makes us say, these are the best VPNs for Sling TV?
Why VPNs are Good?
We won’t give you a single reason; rather, here’s a list of reasons why you won’t be disappointed by either of these VPNs:
- Premium VPN service providers with dedicated connections for every user.
- Thousands of VPN servers spread across the world.
- High speed connections to anywhere in the world (great for streaming content!).
- Ensure privacy of data with no-log data for every user.
- Security is a top priority and all communications are encrypted.
- Helpful support staff, with a 24/7 availability for every user.
- Availability of VPN software on all device types and OS’s.
- Money-back guarantee if you don’t like their services.
Whew! That’s one long list. So, even though premium VPNs sound costly, they’re actually a great investment to unblock restrictions and surf the internet securely.
How Does a VPN Help to Unblock Sling TV for Canadians?
Sling TV is geo-restricted to viewers inside the US only. Basically, it uses the IP address of its viewers to make a decision on whether they’re allowed to view content or not. This is where the VPN takes over, masks your IP address, and helps you gain entry to Sling TV.
VPN servers act as an intermediary between you and your destination. When you hit connect, the communication begins between you and your destination (Sling TV in this case). Since the server now forwards your requests, your IP address is that of the VPN server.
Luckily, premium VPN services make this much easier than a free VPN. This is called ‘masking an IP address’ and although it might seem easy, it doesn’t always work. That brings us to the next question; what about free VPNs to stream content in Canada?
Can I Watch Sling TV With a Free VPN in Canada?
Premium VPNs can be a bit costly; that’s a fact. The question’s only valid; can you watch Sling TV in Canada with a free VPN? Unfortunately – no.
Free VPN servers are available to the public to use and do whatever they want. Not only will you feel an extremely painful cap on your Internet speed, but there’s also no guarantee you’ll get to Sling TV. There’s a high chance Sling has already banned the IP address of the VPN server – leaving you stranded without a server.
Blockage aside, free VPNs are bad at security, privacy, and data protection. All those annoying ads, which come with the free VPN, are probably already stealing your personal data. Follow our advice; stick to a premium VPN like ExpressVPN, and avoid all free VPNs to fulfill your streaming needs.
What Devices Can I Watch Sling TV on?
Our recommended VPNs are available on all types of devices and operating systems. Luckily, you can setup Sling TV on whichever device you want as well. Here’s a list of devices which you can watch Sling TV on:
- Desktops and Laptops (Mac and Windows)
- Android phones, tablets, and smart TVs
- Samsung Smart TV
- LG Smart TV
- Vizio Smart TV
- Sony Smart TV
- Xbox One
- Apple TV
- Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
- Google Chromecast
Note: Follow the mentioned below steps to get Sling TV app in Canada on these devices.
How to Get Sling TV app on your Devices?
How to Get Sling TV app in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Here’s how to download Sling TV app on your Apple iPhone or iPad:
- First, go to “Settings” on iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select the United States as your country.
- Once you select the United States, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide a USA address and postal code. you can use this information (Street: 3157 Monroe Avenue, City: Palmetto, State: Florida, Postal Code: 34221, Phone number: 904-208-8753).
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to the USA. Go to App Store and download the Sling TV app.
- After downloading the Sling TV, open the VPN app, connect to the USA server and start watching!
How to Get Sling TV app in Canada on Android Smartphones, Tablets and Smart TVs?
Follow these steps to download the Sling TV app in Canada on Android devices:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the USA server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select the USA as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to the USA, you can download the Sling TV app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get Sling TV app in Canada on Amazon FireStick/Fire TV?
Here’s how you can download the Sling TV app in Canada on Amazon Firestick and Fire TV:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to the USA from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the Sling TV app and VPN app from App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the USA server.
- Open the Sling TV app and start watching.
How to Get Sling TV app in Canada on Roku, Apple TV, Xbox, and Smart TV (without Android)?
Getting Sling TV on these devices is the most complex one they do not support VPN app directly.
So, if you want to watch Sling TV on one of these devices, you need to set up a VPN on your router first or use Smart DNS, which requires above-average technical knowledge.
Because of all this, we find two ways simple ways to get Sling TV while residing in Canada.
First, if you are using a smart TV that runs on Android OS, then like your other Android devices you can directly install a VPN app through Play Store and start streaming favorite channels or titles on Sling TV in Canada.
Second, use Amazon Firestick/Fire TV device as it supports VPN apps directly and gives the same big-screen experience.
How Much Does Sling TV Cost?
Sling TV offers two plans Blue and Orange. Both Sling TV Blue and Sling TV Orange packages cost $30 a month.
New Sling TV subscribers will get $10 discount for the first month as a signing up bonus.
Though both Sling Blue and Sling Orange channels line up are very much same but not completely similar.
Also you can get Sling Blue + Orange subscription that will give access to all channels available with Orange and Blue package at the price of $45 a month (with $10 discount for the first month for new subscribers)
Plus with Sling TV, you can also get NBA league pass by paying additional $29 per month.
To help you in deciding which Sling TV package you must go for, below we provided the complete channels list.
What Sling TV Channels Can I Watch?
Now that we’re clear on how to get Sling TV in Canada – let’s take a look at what you can watch over there.
Here is the list of Sling TV channels based on the package you subscribed for:
|Channels||Sling Blue||Sling Orange||Sling Blue+Orange|
|Adult Swim/Cartoon Network||Yes||Yes||✓|
|NBA League Pass*||Yes*||Yes*||✓*|
|Nat Geo Wild||Yes||No||✓|
* for an extra $29 per month
Is Sling TV available in Canada?
As of 2023, Sling TV Canada is not available due to licensing restrictions. If you want to get Sling TV, you need a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN to watch Sling in Canada.
Is using VPN legal to watch Sling TV in Canada?
Yes using a VPN is 100% legal to protect your online privacy and access your favorite goe-blocked services like Sling TV, HBO Max, and Hulu in Canada.
Can I watch Rick and Morty season 5 on Sling TV?
You can watch Rick and Morty season 5 on Adult Swim available on Sling TV. Both Sling TV Blue and Orange packages offer Adult Swim. Both packages standard pricing is $30 USD per month. But right now you can get the first month of Sling TV just for $10.
How to watch Sling TV on Firestick in Canada?
you can watch Sling TV on Firestick Canada by changing your Amazon account region to the USA from Canada. Once you changed to the USA region, download the Sling TV app on Firestick and stream using a ExpressVPN.
How can I watch Sling TV outside the US?
Yes, by connecting to a US server using a reliable VPN like ExpressVPN, you can watch Sling TV outside the US from anywhere around the globe, including in Canada.
Is Sling blue available in Canada?
No, Sling Blue or any Sling TV plan is not available in Canada. However, with the use of a VPN, you can access Sling TV outside the USA like in Canada. All you need to do is connect to US server using a VPN
Is Sling TV coming to Canada?
No, there is no official announcement yet about when Sling TV will come to Canada. As of now, Sling TV is available in the USA and Puerto Rico. However, you can still access Sling TV in Canada with the help of a VPN.
Does Sling TV accept Canadian credit cards?
No, Sling TV does not accept Canadian credit cards. Sling TV accepts US payment methods. But you can use a gift card or US virtual prepaid card to pay for a Sling TV subscription in Canada.
Where is Sling TV available?
Sling TV is available in all parts of the USA and Puerto Rico. However, you can still watch Sling TV from anywhere with the help of a VPN.
Can you use a VPN with Sling TV?
Yes, you can use VPN with Sling TV to watch outside the USA like in Canada, UK, Australia, or anywhere where the service is geo-restricted.
Is Sling TV free with Amazon Prime?
No, Sling TV is not free with Amazon Prime. Sling TV is a separate TV streaming service and not available with Amazon Prime.
How much is Sling TV Blue a month?
Sling TV Blue costs $30 a month with $10 discount for the first month for new subscribers.
Is Sling TV region locked?
Yes, Sling TV is region locked and only available in the USA and Puerto Rico right now due to streaming rights and content distribution licensing. However, you can still access Sling TV outside the USA with the help of a VPN.
When will Sling TV be available in Canada? That’s a tough question to answer. Till then, you’re free to subscribe to ExpressVPN and stream your favorite content.