Australia has some of the most amazing content for streaming like ‘Why Women Kill’ and ‘The Unusual Suspect’. And SBS, a national public television network, is at the top.
One of the main reasons being that all of the content on SBS on Demand is free to stream, for everyone. And that is exactly why we are here to tell you how to watch SBS on Demand in Canada, because we don’t want you to miss that one out, at all.
Jump Straight To: How to Watch SBS on Demand in Canada (Unblocking Steps)
like 9Now, 10 Play, 7Plus, and Kayo, you can’t watch SBS on Demand in Canada as it is geo-restricted and only available in Australia.
This is because of content streaming policies and distribution rights. This is why when you try to access in SBS on Demand, you will see this message on your screen:
“Content unavailable in your location.
Most of our content is only available to stream within Australia due to publishing rights.”
So the question remains, how to watch SBS on Demand Canada?
All you need is a trusted VPN and you are good to go. How is that possible? Allow us to explain by continuing to read.
How To Watch SBS on Demand In Canada? [Unblocking Steps]
Follow the easy steps to watch SBS on Demand in Canada:
- Download and subscribe for a VPN – We recommend ExpressVPN.
- Open the VPN app, sign, in and connect to an Australian Server
- Open the SBS on Demand app or website, create your free account and enjoy.
How To Subscribe to SBS on Demand In Canada
Get an SBS account using the following method.
- Connect to the Australian server using VPN and then visit SBS on Demand’s website and click on ‘Create Account’ to create an account.
- Enter your details and click ‘Create Account’ or ‘Sign in with‘ using linked accounts.
- A verification email will be sent to your email address. Click on the verification link
- You will be redirected to SBS’s website and automatically logged in
Best VPNs To Stream SBS on Demand In Canada
ExpressVPN – Top Recommendation
ExpressVPN is one of the leading VPNs in the market currently. Their high-speed 3000+ servers are situated across 90+ countries.
This allows users a smooth surfing experience without throttling your original speed so you can stream SBS on Demand in Canada and other video services.
Besides SBS on Demand, you can also access other regions of Netflix in Canada such as Australian Netflix, UK Netflix, American Netflix, Japanese Netflix, and others.
With their top-grade encryption, you can browse the internet without the risk of being tricked or scammed.
This provider is compatible with all mainstream devices and software, including iOS, Android, Windows, Mac, Amazon Firestick/Fire TV, Apple TV, Roku, Smart TV and PlayStation, and Xbox.
ExpressVPN allows 5 multiple connections per account, and despite the reasonable price tag, it comes with a 30-day money-back guarantee.
Also right now ExpressVPN is giving 49% off on its yearly subscription plus 3 months free along with a 30-day money-back guarantee!
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
CyberGhost – Great Unblocking Capability
To get a good balance VPN service for both unblocking your favorite streaming services and protecting your privacy, CyberGhost might be the right choice for you.
When you want to use a VPN to watch SBS on Demand in Canada or anywhere else, this provider is our second favorite.
CyberGhost has more than 7000 servers spread across 90 countries and over 150+ locations.
This provider has apps for Windows, iOS, Android, and Mac that are very easy to use along with strong unblocking features.
With Cyberghost you can connect up to 7 devices simultaneously on a single account and it offers the longest 45-day money-back guarantee.
And if you want to save big money, you can go for its CyberGhost 3 year plan that will cost you $2.29/month.
Offers 45-day money-back guarantee!
PIA (Private Internet Access) – All Rounder VPN
In addition to its strong security measures, PIA aka Private Internet Access has made significant progress in recent months in unblocking geo-restricted streaming services in Canada or anywhere.
With 10,000+ servers in 70 countries, you’ll never run out of bandwidth while streaming SBS on Demand in Canada.
With this service, you can also access famous streaming services like Hulu Canada, HBO Max in Canada, YouTube TV Canada, Channel 4, US Paramount Plus in Canada, 7Plus, American Discovery Plus in Canada, US Netflix, Peacock TV Canada, Kayo, and ESPN Plus Canada.
It has apps for Mac, Windows, Linux, Android, iOS, and Mac, as well as browser extensions for Chrome, Mozilla Firefox, and Opera.
With a single subscription, you’ll have access to live chat and email support around the clock, and you can connect up to ten devices at once.
PIA’s 3-year plan, which costs roughly $2.03/month, is an excellent deal for those on a tight budget.
There’s a 30-day money-back guarantee on this VPN service, too, just like all the others on this list.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
NordVPN – Pocket-Friendly VPN
With 5500+ dedicated servers in 60 countries, NordVPN has one of the widest networks of servers on our list.
It works effectively in unblocking SBS on Demand in Canada and other services as well, like HBO Max Canada, IMDb TV in Canada, and more.
Furthermore, they allow their users 6 simultaneous connections per account, which includes your laptop, PC, Smart TV, Smartphone, and any other smart device.
NordVPN is available on all devices and software. And despite the easy price tag, it offers a 30-day, money-back guarantee.
Offers 30-day money-back guarantee!
How VPN Allows You To Access SBS in Canada?
VPN works by replacing your IP with a different one from a VPN server bank.
Your masked IP address will allow you to unblock SBS on Demand as it will make you look like you are from Australia, instead of Canada.
Geo-restrictions, like the one on SBS on Demand’s website, work by checking the location of your IP addresses.
If the IP addresses are of countries other than the one they are available in (in our case countries other than Australia) then the user is denied access to the website.
Furthermore, a VPN will also keep your online identity stable and secure from all ends and means on the web. You will stay anonymous and protected at all times no matter what.
Where Can I Watch SBS on Demand In Canada
Here is the list of devices where you can watch SBS on Demand through its official website or app:
- Fire TV Stick
- LG Smart TV
- Hisense TV
- Samsung Smart TV
- Panasonic TV
- Set Top Boxes
- Sony TV
- Android TV
- Apple TV
Note: to get SBS on Demand app on compatible devices in Canada, you need to change your device region through using a VPN. If you don’t know how to do it, just follow the mentioned below steps.
How to Get SBS on Demand App in Canada on your devices?
How to Get SBS on Demand App in Canada on iPhone/iPad?
Follow these steps to download SBS on Demand app on your iPhone/iPad in Canada:
- First, go to “Settings” on your iOS device, and click on your profile.
- Now tap on the “Media & Purchases”, then tap on “View Account”. It will ask your “Passcode” or “Touch ID” for verification. Enter your “Passcode” or “Touch ID”.
- Now tap on “Country/Region” -> “Change Country or Region”, then select Australia as your country.
- Once you select Australia as your country, the “Terms and Conditions” page will open. Select “Agree” to proceed.
- Now enter all the required details. In the address section, you need to provide an Australian address and postal code that you can easily find it on Google.
- Now enter “Done” and wait for the process.
- Once the process is complete, now your App Store region is changed to Australia. Go to App Store and download the SBS on Demand app.
- After downloading the SBS on Demand app, open the VPN app, connect to the Australian server and start watching!
How to Get SBS on Demand App in Canada on Android?
Here’s how you can download SBS on Demand app in Canada on your Android device:
- First, open the VPN app on your Android device and connect to the Australian server.
- Now open the Play Store app and tap on the 3-bars located on the top left of the screen.
- Go to the “Account” section where you will find your name and country.
- Now select Australia as your country and enter all the required details.
- Once your region changes to Australia, you can download the SBS on Demand app and start streaming in Canada.
How to Get SBS on Demand App in Canada on Amazon Firestick/Fire TV
Follow these steps to download SBS on Demand app on your Firestick/Fire TV device in Canada:
- Visit the Amazon website and log in to your existing account.
- Now click on the “Accounts & Lists” option and then click on “Your Accounts and Content”
- Now change your region to Australia from Canada.
- Connect your Amazon Firestick device with your TV and then click on “Settings”.
- Log out or deregister your account and then sign in back.
- Now download the SBS on Demand app from the Amazon App Store.
- Open the VPN app and connect to the Australian server.
- Open the SBS on Demand app, sign, and start watching.
What Can I Watch On SBS on Demand In Canada?
There are 1000’s hours of free content to watch available on SBS on Demand. Here is the list of top TV shows and movies that you can watch SBS on Demand in Canada:
- The Handmaid’s Tale
- Mr Marcedes
- Deadwater Fell
- Vienna Blood
- Atlantic Crossing
- Thin Ice
- Why Women Kill
- War of the Worlds
- Six Empty Seats
- The Unusual Suspect
- See What You Made Me Do
- Dark Matter
- Future Man
As of 2023, SBS On Demand is not available in Canada due to content distribution licensing. But by obtaining an Australian IP address using a VPN, you can watch SBS on Demand in Canada.
How Can I Watch SBS On Demand Outside Australia?
You can watch SBS on-demand outside Australia by using a trusted VPN like ExpressVPN. Using which you can select Australian servers to unblock geo-restrictions and access SBS on-demand outside Australia.
Is SBS On Demand a Free Service?
SBS on demand is entirely free. It does not have any subscription cost and no hidden charges.
Using secure and trustworthy VPNs you can easily binge-watch your favorite movies and shows on SBS in Canada, without worrying about geo-restrictions and IP blocking of any sort. And only our recommended ExpressVPN, NordVPN, and PrivateVPN are good enough to do that for you.
Leave a Reply